It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Quote Technical Problem
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:37 pm 
new user

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the quote on the index.php page cutting off some of my main text. If you follow the link to my father's site in my signature you will notice that there is a random "I" floating around up there that is meant to be the first letter of the introductory text. It makes no difference if I use a custom quote or one from your list - the error still shows up in all browsers.

Since we can't actually edit the php ourselves, I'm wondering if one of the good people at tech support could take a peek and tell me what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

We have fixed the problem with quotations, and we would like to thank you for this information.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:47 pm 
new user

Thank you. I appreciate your quick response.

I hate to be a pest, but the quote problem only seems to be fixed in Firefox. Intenet Explorer is still showing the "I" from my first line of text in the middle of the quote. I've cleared my cache and rebooted the computer twice but I still see it. Of course, it could be something on my end. It's happened before that I sometimes don't see website updates until the next day.

Thought I should mention it just in case it's not only me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:30 am 
Site Admin

We have checked this problem again, and this problem is only with IE7 and only this one qoute. We are working on this problem and it will be sorted soon.

admin

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 am 
new user

Thank you for continuing to look into this problem for me. I've been holding off showing the site to family and friends because of that little glitch on the main page, so instad of waiting I've changed the first line of the main text so the first word is no longer "I". It seems to be working fine now, but thanks anyhow.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:42 am 
new user

P.S. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the xhtml validator seems to be showing some sort of error with the paragraph tags.

Result: Failed validation, 30 errors

Might have nothing to do with it, of course. I don't know much about validating pages.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:20 am 
Site Admin

In order to make your website validated it is very important to follow instructions in info tabs. It is very complicated to keep every main page validated, the main reason for this is that in most cases it depends on users (e.g. using text editor properly). We have checked your website and made some changes. Now your website is validated.

admin

Offline Profile