It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A page for grandparents who've lost grandchildren
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:05 am 
new user

I'd really love to see a forum with a message board for grandparents who have lost grandchildren. Grandparents are placed in a position of being strong and trying to hold their children together when the grandchild passes. Sometimes, in the midst of trying to be strong for the kids who've lost the child, we either don't get to grieve or we put it off in taking care of our loved ones. I was in this position, it's hard on a grandparent because we see our children suffering for the loss of the child and we ourselves are suffering and sometimes don't know which way to turn first. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:27 pm 
user

Ren, I'm so sorry for the loss of your granddaughter. I noticed today is her angel day. I lost my oldest daughter last July. But, I have 10 grandchildren. I can tell you that the loss of anyone of them would be as painful as losing my daughter. You are welcome to come to the loss of child forum here. She is your child's child.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:09 pm 
new user

Thanks Cece, it really helps me to have people to talk to who have gone through much the same as I have. There is just no way to express the loss I feel. I appreciate your kind words though.

Offline Profile