It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Please Read.......A Letter From Above
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 am 
user

This letter was shared with other grieving parents and I wanted to share it with all of you also.
Hugs,
Barbara

[b][color=blue]A Letter From Above

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know this is a rough time for you. So I will be as gentle as I can be.

First of all, thank you for so many tears, particularly those shared with another that you love. They are a gift to me, a precious tribute to your investment in me.

As you do your mourning, do it at your pace only. Don’t let anybody suggest that you do your grief work on their timetable. Do whatever it takes to face directly the reality of what has happened, even though you may need to pause frequently and yearn for my return. Do this with courage and my blessings. Know that sometimes inertia is the only movement possible.

Give your best to keeping a balance between remembering me and renewing your commitments to life. It’s O.K. with me if you go through minutes, hours and even days not thinking about me. I know that you’ll never forget. Loosening me and grabbing hold of a new meaning is a delicate art. I’m not sure if one comes before the other or not, maybe it’s a combination.

Be with people who accept you as you are. Mention my name out loud, and if they don’t make a hasty retreat, they’re probably excellent candidates for friendship.

If, by a remote possibility, you think that there is anything that you could have done for me and didn’t, I forgive you, as my Lord does. Resentment does not abide here, only love.

You know how people sometimes ask you how many children you have? Well, I’m still yours and you are still my parents. Always acknowledge that with tenderness, unless to do so would fall on insensitive ears or would be painful to you. I know how you feel inside. To be included as your child honors me.

Read, even though your tears anoint the page. There is an immense library here and I have a card. In Henri Nowens’ “Out of Solitudeâ€

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy