It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Topic: How do we get through it ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:00 pm 
user

Hello all my friends and forum family,
I thought this would be a good topic of discussion. We all here these questions everyday.

These are the questions I hear so often;
"I don't know how you do it. I don't think I would survive if one of my children died." I don't know how I do it I just do. I always thought that if I ever lost one of my children I couldn't go on and when it happened to me I just kept putting one foot in front of the other. Now almost twenty-five years since Scott died and 1 year since Michaels death, I find it sometimes harder to keep putting that foot in front of the other. I found the second year to be harder than the first year. The numbness has worn off and reality hits me hard. Most people just ask me how I'm doing and I tell them I'm ok because they really don't want to hear and they don't really want to know the truth, they are just being polite. My friend's say, "Lets not grieve anymore and lets be thankful for the happy times in thier life." Thats easy for her to say when she can tuck her child in bed everynight. That's easy to say when she can smile and kiss her child good morning. I'm still grieving and I will be for a long time. I can't celebrate when Michael should graduate highschool this May and that he won't be going to Prom and that he didn't even get to marry and have children of his own, and niether Will Scott No ,I can't celebrate anything."
SO HOW DO WE GET THROUGH IT and KEEP ON GOING ?

hugs,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:47 am 
new user

I do find it harder some days than others. Next month (March 8Th) will make the first year since Christopher was taken from us. For those of you who haven't heard, my boyfriends son was kidnapped and murdered. He was missing for a week before he was found on the side of a road just a few miles from our house. The ones responsible for his death is a family of 3, 1 of which was the son who is a convicted child molester another was the father who had be convicted of incest and the other was the mother.

No matter how your child passes, I feel its even harder knowing that your child was tortured and sexually abused. Knowing that Christopher was tortured haunts us everyday. To look at his pictures and see such a sweet and innocent face and then think of what happened to him is unbearable sometimes. How could ANYONE look into his eyes and do such unthinkable things as they did? I will never understand. :(

Paula

visit Christopher at - http://www.christopher-barrios.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:13 pm 
user

I don't know how I do it....I suppose I do everything because I love my husband and our children. I can't have them worrying about me. They have had enough grief. I try to find a reason to smile everyday. Even if it is just thinking about my grandchildren and how important they are to me. Welcome to our forum Paula. I am so sorry that you have a reason to be here however. I'm looking forward to hearing about updates of the trial.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:15 pm 
user

Paula,
I am so sorry you have a reason to be here.As I read your post I can't stop the tears.How can anyone do such a thing to a an innocent little child. My heart just breaks for you.I can only imagine the pain you must be going through.I don't know of any words right now that can explain. I want you to know I/we are hare for you anytime.
I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Love and {{{{{{Paula}}}}
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy