It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Two years and it still hurts like yesterday
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 am 
new user

I am so broken and I feel I will never feel whole again. I had my son Emile's 2nd memorial on 5 Feb and I still hurt so very much. He died from suicide by hanging himself in a weeping willow tree and the questions and pain doesn't want to abate. When does this excruciating pain start softening? When does the questions stop reverberating through my mind? I don't know how other parents can go through this kind of loss and not lose their mind. I am on an anti-depressant but I still feel as if life is not worth living. I just hurt so much and I don't know what to do about it. I have read so many books about life after death and I am more confused now than before. Is my son in heaven or am I just lying to myself? All I do every day is ask God to help me through the day. I wish there was some kind of way to make myself feel at peace with the loss of my beautiful Emile.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm 
user

Rea,
First I want to say I'm so sorry you have a reason to be here,and welcome.We have some of the most wonderful moms and dads here.
There is no set time table on how long we grieve or how long the pain last.We will always grieve and miss our children for the rest of our lives.We can only learn to cope day by day,minute by minute. I know you are in so much pain and I wish I could take that away. I've learn to just ask God for strenght to get through each day and always put my faith in him. And I know your son is in heaven right now shining down on you,no more pain no more tears. God will never turn his back on you.
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy