It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: How do men deal with mouring?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 am 
new user

Hi Everyone,
I am new. My info is under the new member's link. My baby was born sleeping on Feb. 1. It has been an up and down ordeal emotionally. One minute I am fine and the next I am not. My husband described me as looking like the end of the world is coming everyday.

We are dealing with mourning differently and I guess I am trying to understand from other women's point of view (or men) how do men mourn? He said I am being extremely hard on him because he is not mourning like me "crying and mopping around" as he puts it.

He has been a loving and supportive husband but I don't want to push him away because I don't understand his way of mourning.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Griselda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:50 am 
user

Griselda,
I am trying to find the best answer for you I can.You are right men do grieve differently.They seem to be expected to be the strong one,they don't show they're emotions like we do.No one ever seems to ask them how they're doing only how we are doing.As with my husband he kept himself busy most of the time,he would go out to our garage a lot and just sit there and stare.They seem to need to stay strong for us.The best I can tell you is just try to be there for him if and when he does need you,because I'm sure that time will come.It did with my husband. One night he broke done out of no where and at that point I had to be strong for him.
I would probably say just give him his space and never forget he is grieving,hes just not letting it be seen.This is a rough road we are all on,everyone grieves differently and there is no time limit on our sorrow.
I Hope I hope I have helped some.You and your husband will be in my prayers for all to get better for you.

Love and Hugs,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am 
user

Griselda,
This was posted a few months ago and I decided to repost it.Maybe readind it will help also.
hugs,
Barbara

[color=blue]"[size=150]Loss of Identity"
Written by Clara Hinton

There are two main ways men identify themselves: by their jobs and by their children. When a group of men gets together, you will hear them talk forever about their jobs. The conversation will then often shift to their children. It is not unusual to hear a father say statements like “My kid’s gonna be the next Jordan. You should see the way he handles that ball!â€

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:38 am 
new user

Barbara, thank you for your reply. All the information you gave me is very helpful.
God Bless

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy