It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: My airport "horror" story.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:26 pm 
user

I have been in Illinois for the past 10 days. I went to see my mom for her 87th birthday. I just got home yesterday. I was supposed to get home Thursday evening, but our flight kept getting delayed and then when we were all finally on a plane about 11 PM, just about to leave the gate, they canceled the flight. We then ran across O'hare Airport. (I mostly limped). To try to get one of 27 seats left on a plane just about to leave for Portland. Well, I ended up having to spend the night at the airport. (Not recommended). Finally was the to talk to customer service at 4AM when they opened and got one of the last 3 seats on the 8AM flight out of Chicago. I have learned that it is a good idea to get travel sized deodorant and toothpaste and a travel toothbrush as well as a small pack of baby wipes to put in your carry-on bag. I didn't have those things but so wish I had. Baby wipes can sort of give you a sponge bath and help you not feel so scuzzy. I finally slept for about 2 hours on the plane. When I got home I just crashed. I kept falling asleep in my recliner, so I went to bed about 6:30. I slept until about 10 this morning. Anyone else have a travel horror story to share?

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 am 
user

Lucy,
Were you on American Airlines? I am so glad you finally made it home safely.I've been watching the news about all the AA flights being delayed or canceled and I'm sure it is a nightmare. I don't have any travel horror stories and I'm sure glad.
You get caught up on your rest.You will be in my thoughts and prayers. :)
love and hugs,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:25 pm 
user

I was on United. I really don't know why everything was so messed up with them. The weather perhaps. I never have a problem when I take Southwest!

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy