It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: People ask me how I'm doing.........
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:07 pm 
user

I always say that I'm ok, The truth is I'm not. Some think I should be getting over it,
they don't understand,when you lose a child or two in my case,you never get over it. you just try to carry on the best you know how. How can you go on when all that you love is gone?
This forum and our websites are a blessing for there we can share our thoughts and pain together.
Bless all of you . [/i]

Offline Profile  

Post subject: You are OK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
user

Barbara,
Yes, you are OK. As in normal. People who never lost a child can never understand. I lost Laura in a car crash on 7/19/07. People have said to me, "I'll bet you'll be glad when things get back to normal." HELLO!! Things will never be "normal" again. Normal is not a world where parents outlive their children! I guess I will have to find a new normal. But, yes people ask me all the time how I'm doing. And I do say I'm doing OK. I figure it is sort of like someone saying casually, "How are you?" And, even if you feel like dog dodo, you say "Fine, How are you?" People don't know what to say. They are letting you know they care. But, I don't think most people REALLY want to know. Just like when we ask someone how they are, we don't expect a detailed discription of all their problems. Just remember, you are OK. Grief is normal. Ergo you are normal.
Love, Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:21 pm 
user

Dear Barbara,
I can relate to you and Lucy so well. I often tell people I am good, fine, or ok. Like Lucy, I don't think they really want to know the truth. I honestly do not think they can handle the truth. Nor do I want to burden them with it. You are a normal grieving mother who loves and misses her Angels so terribly much. Know that when we ask you how you are doing, you can be as open as you need or want to be in here, because we understand.
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy