It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: sending a big welcome to Drea
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:20 pm 
user

My friends,
I want to send a BIG welcome to new member, Drea. She is my son, Andrew's wife and while helping me add an avitar and picture to my siggy, she was soooo impressed with all of you and the support we give each other that she wanted to join too. Andrea I love you as much as I would if I had given birth to you. Thank you for being there for me during this horrible time.
Thank you all for being here.
Cece (Lucy)

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:31 pm 
user

Lucy,
I haven't gotten to know you yet but like you I welcome Drea. May she find the love and support she needs here as well as the rest of us are.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you both better as time goes by.
I want to say too that I am so sorry about your beautiful daughter Laura. May the Lord continue to carry you each day.
Love and prayers, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thanks Cindy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 pm 
user

Cindy,
Thank you so much. You all mean more to me than I can put into words. I have been to all of your chidren's web sites and your stories make my heart ache. However, reading them makes me feel a strong bond with each of you. We lost our children in different ways, but the heartache we feel from our loss(es) is the same. No one who hasn't lost a child can ever completely understand.
Cece (Lucy)

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:06 pm 
user

Dear Lucy,
Sending you and your family many (((HUGS))). I know this is such a difficult time for you all. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You know you can call me anytime!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:08 am 
user

Welcome Drea,

If CeCe brings you here, we will certainly make you welcome. I'm sorry it has to be this type of group that we welcome you to.

It's a difficult path we travel and alone, I'm not sure we could do it, but together, we will at least keep each other alive.

Again, welcome to our forum.

love, hugs, prayers,
Jane

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you all!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 am 
user

Thank you Mama Lucy for the warm welcome! :D I love you very much!

And I thank the rest of you as well. :) I too am sorry we had to meet under these circumstances, but I can sense all the love and support you all have for one another and it is comforting.

I apologize in advance for the lengthy entry, but no matter how many times I tell this story it never feels like I've gotten it out of my system. Bare with me please.

I could say I am here for more than just Laura, although her passing has affected me the most.

March of this year I lost an uncle due to suicide. I wasn't too close to him, but I've known him my entire life. June 28th I lost a closer uncle do to unexpected health problems. He was my mom's big brother and it was hard to watch her and my grandparents deal with it. July 3rd my BEST friend's 16 year old brother drowned at the Oregon coast. I have a 16 year old sister and it really hit home. (Not to mention my horrible fear of water).

Then July 19, 2007 I got a phone call from my husband. Laura had died in a car accident. I didn't believe him at first. There's no way I could lose four people in just four months. Could I? My husband (Andy) repeated himself again. The urgency and shaken voice confirmed it was true. My jaw dropped as I stood in front of my boss staring at my cell phone. I had to go home. I felt like I was lying telling her "My husband's oldest sister just died." We had gone through enough already, it seemed unreal.

Laura was BY FAR the most difficult. His family doesn't seem like "in-laws" to me. They feel as real as my own. Honestly, the last month and a half has floated by like a dream. More like a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up and Laura will be there so everyone can stop hurting. Her boys need her. Her mother needs her.

My husband and I ended up going to Laura's memorial service in Kansas (we live in Oregon). We had short notice, but got permission from our companies to take the time off to drive there and back. Upon my return, I was notified I was terminated from my position for "abandonment of my post." Long story short they twisted my words around and failed to mention anything about a death in the family to corporate. I was going to file a lawsuit against them but I haven't had the time or energy to pursue anything. I am now out of health benefits and miss/need my friends at work more than ever.

I'm trying to be strong for Andy, but I'm afraid I might slip. I've only known Laura for nine years. I can't possibly imagine what the rest of the family feels like. :(

I have nightmares of my best friend's brother drowning, and Laura crashing several times a week. I am lucky to get three hours of sleep a night. These last few months haunt my every living moment. I just want to wake up.

If you have reached the end of this I thank you for letting me share. I have so much more to say, but no time or energy to finish. I hope I can offer an ear to anyone who wants to talk. We all need each other.

(((((new friends)))))

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Last edited by Drea on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy