It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New to this forum
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm 
new user

Hello everyone my name is Kelly and this is my first time visiting this board. My 19 year old son Todd passed away a little over a month ago. I am finding it very hard to deal with his death and am here for support from people who know what I am going thru. Todd was the light of my life and somedays I cant even pull myself out of bed because I miss him so very much, I am trying very hard to be strong as I do have 2 other children and a grandson who need me to be there for them. I can say without a doubt this is the hardest thing I have ever faced in my life and the thought of being without my son for the rest of my life is unbearable. I feel cheated out of so much..... out of seeing him get married, have children, do everything in life that he wanted and wished for. I find myself just waiting for him to walk in the door and everyone keeps saying "time will heal me" I get so angry when people tell me that because I cant ever see enough time passing that I will get over the intense loss I feel and the heartache I feel everytime I think of never seeing my child again. I hope to find comfort here and support from other parents who have been thru the loss I have.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New to this forum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 pm 
new user

I know what you are going through we have also lost our son and it is not easy. There is not a day that goes by that I don't talk to him or think of him. I foud that when I look up into the sky the shinest star is our Harry. he was 35 when he passed and it has only been a year and it is never gotten any easier. I keep saying I am learning to live with it but will never accept the fact that he is gone. If you need to talk I can be contacted at memom50_4@hotmail.com you will be in our thoughts and prayers Helen

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New to this forum
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:37 am 
new user

I m so sorry for your loss and it was really hard time for you. Young age death is very painful for parents. Its difficult to deal with this grief. I understand your feelings. I pray to God for relief your pain and give you strength.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy