It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Dialogue with the dead is feasible,Vatican spokesman says
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:03 am 
user

I found the following article online today. What do you think about it?

Dialogue with the dead is feasible,
Vatican spokesman says
By John Hooper
London Observer Service

ROME – One of the most authoritative spokesmen of the Roman Catholic Church has raised eyebrows among the faithful by declaring that the Church believes in the feasibility of communication with the dead.

The Rev. Gino Concetti, chief theological commentator for the Vatican newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano, denied he was signaling any change in approach. But he agreed that his remarks might come as a jolt to many believers.

He said the Church remained opposed to the raising of spirits, but added: "Communication is possible between those who live on this earth and those who live in a state of eternal repose, in heaven or purgatory. It may even be that God lets our loved ones send us messages to guide us at certain moments in our life."

His comments were first made in support of an American theologian, the Rev. John Neuhaus. Neuhaus had described how a friend had seen a ghost. He said there were various explanations, but "the important thing is not to deny such things a priority."

Concetti said the key to the Church’s attitude was the Roman Catholic belief in a "Communion of Saints," which included Christians on earth as well as those in the after-life. "Where there is communion, there is communication," he said.

Concetti suggested dead relatives could be responsible for prompting impulses and triggering inspiration - and even for "sensory manifestations," such as appearances in dreams.

Concetti said the new Catholic catechism specifically endorsed the view that the dead could intercede on earth and quotes the dying St. Dominic telling his brothers: "Do not weep, for I shall be more useful to you after my death and I shall help you then more effectively than during my life."

This article was published by the London Observer Service and was written by John Hooper

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:27 am 
user

I think any validation we get from anyone in any position of authority and influence is a good thing!

Love and hugs,
Susan

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:12 am 
user

Thank you Jane so much for posting this article!
I do not read signs very well but the few that I have, I hold dear to my heart. Very much a blessing!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:36 pm 
user

I think we do recieve signs from our loved ones all the time,sometimes we don't always see them. My husband recieved a numeric page on his cell phone a couple weeks ago
That read" Please call 5",Michael's cell # was set to 5 on my husbands phone.
If thats not a sign I don't know what is.

Lots of love and Hugs,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 pm 
user

I also believe in signs. I saw a priest, who is called a healing priest. He told me that they communicate with us all the time, that they live among us. We just have to train ourselves to see the signs. I ask God that he allows Tyler to visit me often.
HUGS
Lisa

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:45 pm 
user

Dear Barbara,
This sent chills up my spine! WOW!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:08 pm 
user

I definitely believe that this is true. This has nothing to do with the loss of a child, but it is a personal experience.....A few months after my Grandmother passed away, my Mom was in bed and just about ready to fall asleep. The top of her blanket lifted up and landed closer to her face. She can't keep the blanket close to her face because it bothers her too much! She put the blanket back down, and it happened again. This went on 3 or 4 more times. Finally, she said, "Okay, Mother, I know you're here. Do it one more time and then let me go to sleep." Sure enough, the blanket did it again, and my mom said that she chuckled to herself because that was my Grandma through and through....always trying to be funny! That gives me hope that our loved ones can most definitely communicate with us!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:39 pm 
user

Dear Tonya,
Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to being called to my forever home to not only be with my child, but to also make you all laugh like your grandmother enjoys doing to your mother. If I am called home before each of you, know that I will try my best to bring each of you a smile!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy