It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: How do I make a difference. need help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm 
new user

My son Dakota Died when he was 4 days old. It took years to accept the loss, now I feel like I need to get involved and do something meaningful with my life. Only one problem. I live in the country. No support groups around. Everyone just laughs when I talk about wanting to make a difference. Any advice

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: How do I make a difference. need help
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 am 
new user

I lost my son at a month old and its only been almost a year since he has been gone..but there is alot you can do to make a difference...there are donations you can make to the NICU's and childrens hospitals in your area and most hospitals have support group connections no matter where you live you just have to really look for them..actually next tuesday I am going to the hospital where my son was born and taking hand stitched quilts that my grandmother made and donating them to the NICU my son was in for his whole life here on earth. Also a lot of hospitals have volunteering you can do even if your not close to them you can do it on occasions. Western Pennsylvania Hospital(where my son was born) has a volunteer group where you can go and hold the babies and feed them..In my opinion just showing support to other parents who have gone through this hurt is making a difference in itself.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy