It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: We made a website here for Laura
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:14 pm 
user

Hi friends,
Drea and I decided to make a web site for Laura here because we love this forum so much and the support has been awesome. It is a work in progress and we are trying to make it different than the other site. Drea added a song for ALL our angels. Please visit.
Cece

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:38 pm 
user

Cece, I went to check Lauras site, I just wanted to tell you on your link it has an error. Instead of the . between last and memories it should be last-memories. HUGS!!

Her site is so beautiful and will be more so when it is complete.

http://naudya-jo.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you Tanya
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:44 pm 
user

Tanya,
Thank you so much for letting me know. I fixed the link. Drea is helping me with the site.
Cece

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 pm 
user

Lucy,I just visited your Lauras' new site and it is so beautiful.The special song you
have playing brought me to tears.You and your family will be in my prayers.
God Bless,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:13 pm 
user

Barbara,
Thank you for visiting and lighting a candle. I lit one for your son. I can't imagine how one goes on after losing a CHILD. I mean Laura was MY child, but she got to grow up and have children of her own. It is just so cruel. We should die before our children! I am so filled with memories of her as a baby and as a small child and as a teenage. She had not lived with me for 20 years, but I miss her every single day. I used to work with her till she moved to Kansas and after she died, I could not even go back to work. Thank goodness I can afford early retirement. Going back to work with all the memories of her there would be impossible. It's somewhat easier at home because she never lived in THIS house. I remember her visiting, but I don't picture her everywhere I turn. The only personal items I have of hers are ones I brought with me from Kansas after she died. I have her hair brush with her hair still in it. I'm glad she didn't clean it. And I have a ring she was saving for me that has my birthstone in it. It needs repair, but I will get that done. I think she got it at a auction and wanted to fix it before giving it to me. Her oldest son, Brad is 20 and is living with me. Aaron (13) and Zach (9) are living in Kansas with her sister. They are her gifts to us.
Cece

And

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:49 pm 
user

Dear Lucy,
I visited Laura's new site earlier but I didn't have time to comment you back on here. I absolutely love it! I will admit, the song had me in tears. I am so happy I have found last-memories and I have you ladies on here to share it with. I hope last-memories blesses your life like it has mine in the short time that I have been here.
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:17 am 
user

Lynda,
I HAD to make Laura a site here. It will be different that the other. So we put a link one each site to the other. Each day or so I add a new memory of Laura starting from the day she was born. Things may not always be in order, but that is how memories are.
Cece

And

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 am 
user

Dear Lucy,
I love the idea of continually writing a memory on the site. Can I borrow this idea for Garion's new site (Last-memories)? I am looking to do something different with Garion's newer site and this would be great.
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Lynda
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:31 am 
user

Lynda,
Of course!! You are not borrowing anything. It says "memories" and I am adding my memories of Laura's life. I'm trying to do it in order, but memories sort of come randomly, so I'm going with the flow. You all will know more about me than anybody by the time I'm done. It seems to be about me as much as about her.
Love you, Cece

And

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:38 am 
user

Dear Cece,
I just visited Laura's site to light a candle and to write a note. It's lovely, I'm taking my time with Scott's new site also. I want to go through pictures and post some, but it's hard to look at them. When I do, I find it so hard to believe he's not here still.

It's an honor to get to know Laura through you and Drea. She's loved so much by you that it feels as if we all know her. I'm so sorry we didn't get that chance while she was still here. Her heart is so full of love and gentleness............. as is your's Cece. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad to have you with us.
Love, hugs, prayers,
jane

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:41 am 
new user

Every one has did a great job on my moms site thank you Andrea and Grandma!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:36 am 
user

Dear Bradley,
I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Being the oldest has its rewards but it can be so difficult too, especially when something devastating happens to your family. From what I have seen, your family is truly amazing, I can only imagine how proud your Mom is of all of you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you begin making this life long journey. Know that we are here for your family.
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:50 pm 
user

Well...I don't know if I'm suppose to call you Lucy or Cece so I won't call you either until you say which you prefer and then I'll give it my best to remember. :wink:
Thank you for being so sweet about my daughter Kayla. I love that little girl of mine. She enjoyed talking with ya'll too. I will pass your info. along to her, she's not here right now. I know she would enjoy getting to know your children too.
I visited Laura's new site and it's beautiful. I loved reading your memories about her. I can tell you love her very much. I'm so sorry it has to be this way.
I know you call her Laurie...is that the name you want us to call her or do you want that to be for only you and we call her Laura? Hey, I think these things are so important. I call B.J., B.J. and his name is Bobby. I just really like it when people call him B.J. because to me that is who he is. So I just wanted to be sure and call your daughter the name you would prefer. :)
Love, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Cindy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 pm 
user

Dearest Cindy,
I am quietly chuckling to myself about the name thing. My sister was 3 when I was born and called me Cece. I went by that name until I started school. I couldn't figure out how to spell Cece and never asked anyone. I actually went by Lucille until I was in 6th or 7th grade, when I started using Luci. I later changed the spelling to Lucy. When I was a teenager and the song "Louie Louie" came out some people called me Louie and that stuck. Some people still call me Lu, Lou, or Louie. When I married my husband, Bill, he wanted a special name for me that no one else used and I told him about Cece. So, except for him I really go by Lucy or Louie. I answer to almost anything. As far as Laura goes. When I write about her or am thinking about her as a small child. I think of her and refer to her as Laurie. But, when I think of her as an adult or older child I think of her as Laura. I'm sorry it is confusing. So call me Lucy and call her Laura. After all, a rose by any other name etc. Kayla is sweet. I hope she follows through with the idea of Last Memories creating a loss of sibling forum. They should have their own special place to go if they want it. God bless you all.
Lucy

And

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy