It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: His first birthday..without him
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 am 
new user

I'm not sure how to handle my son's first birthday in a couple weeks. I feel so lost and broken and so very empty. I feel even crazier now than I did 3 months ago. I cry every night as the day approaches. I'm trying to find some insight on some other mother's experiences on this day. Can anybody help me?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: His first birthday..without him
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm 
new user

I am very sorry for you loss. I know exactly how you are feeling. I lost my 3 year old May 5, 2009. She would of turned 4 April 10. I had the same thoughts that you mentioned the days leading up to her birthday. I thought that I was going to totally lose it. I was able to get through it b/c I had lots of family & friends around. We all went to the cemetery together and just stayed together preetty much the whole day. I would suggest that you be around friends & family on your son's birthday. Even though I know it can be hard, sit around with your family & talk about memories you have of your son. Doing this for me was very helpful. Be strong. Do you have a website for your son? If you ever need to talk to someone who can relate to what you are going through, you can contact me via my daughters website at http://makiah-thompson.last-memories.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 am 
new user

he does have one www.david-mcmanamy.last-memories.com =] thank you for your support =]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm 
new user

I am going through the same thing my lil mans 1st birthday is in 9 days and I dont know how I am going to handle it. I have been breaking down really bad these past few weeks. I did tell my family that I wanted to be out at the cemetary pretty much all day but they told me that it wouldnt be a good idea. Let me know how you did and what you did. I am planning on going out there and letting balloons go and having cake.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:12 pm 
new user

I went to the hospital where he was born and visited the babies and brought cake and homemade quilts and spend a little time there..and then honestly i slept the rest of the day..i was a mess and its so normal i felt crazy but its sooo normal..i think spending his birthday the way you want is the best go to that cemetary and have cake..even if its just you..spend that day with your baby do what you feel you should..im always here to talk if you need to just open up

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy