It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Misssing my baby boy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:24 pm 
new user

My baby boy Nathan Samuel was stillborn on Janurary 01, 2003. Here is my story: On December 31,2002, I went to my usual dr. appointment. I drove myself that day. My nurse could not find my baby's heartbeat so she said she was going to have my dr. see if she could find it. My dr. came in and she could not find it either. She said she wanted me to get an ultrasound. We both looked at the screen during the ultrasound and saw where my baby had no heartbeat that he was dead. I just started crying and saying No! No! My dr. took me to an empty room so I could call my husband. I had to tell my husband over that phone that our son was dead and that he needed to come to the dr's office. My husband arrived and we talked to my dr. and she said that I could go home and come back the next day and deliver my baby or i could be admitted to the hospital right then. I just told her I wanted to do it then. So, I was admitted to the hospital on Decemver 31,2002 and I was given medicine that would induce my labor. Off and on throughout the night I had the worst pain in my back. I was having labor pains and usually a mother to be would not mind having to go through all of that because your new baby would be worth it.. But, I knew that I would not have a healthy crying baby when I delivered him. The next day, Janurary 01,2003 I delivered my baby boy at 11:54am. He weighed 1lb 7oz and was 19 inches long. My husband,and mom and other family was with me. I held my baby for a few minutes and had my sister take a picture of him. Then, I handed my baby to my husband and he held him while I went to have a DNC done. The next day, I was released from the hospital and my husband and I had to make funeral arrangements for our son. That was so hard and that is when I realized that our son was really gone. My husband and I now have two daughter's Kayla who is 6 and Lori who is 4. I know that Nathan is apart of them in some way and that is what helps me get through losing him. RIP my precious Baby Nathan.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Misssing my baby boy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 pm 
new user

I know some of what you feel. Your baby boy was gone before you gave birth, I just lost my baby girl to SIDS about a month and a half ago. She was 4 1/2 months old; we lost her this last Thanksgiving morning. It is the hardest thing in the world to lose a child, and I empathize with anyone who has felt the pain, no matter what the circumstances were. We will always love and miss our children...how do we go on? That is what I haven't figured out yet; maybe some day soon I will find peace; hopefully you have found your comfort and peace and may God be with you and yours now and forever.

http://devinety-jones.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:53 am 
new user

I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you that it does get a little easier as time passes. I did not have any time at all with my son before he went to Heaven, except for the 6 months I carried him in my tummy.. I had a lot of support from my family and friends, and I hope you do too. I checked out your memorial page for your daughter. She was such a beautiful baby girl. Here is my memorial for my son if you want to check it out: http://nathan-bang.last-memories.com
Nathansmom:)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:03 am 
new user

i carried my son for 6 months then he was born too early. He weighed 1lb 12oz and was 12.5 inches long. He was definitly a miracle. He lived only 35 days and it was so hard to say goodbye. Not a day goes by that i dont think of the memories we would have made if we had got the chance totake him home. I am only 18 years old. People say thats too young to have experianced a trauma like that...but i have, and i would not want any parents to feel the pain i felt and still currently feeling. I am so very sorry for all of your losses. You and your little angels are in my prayers!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy