It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Lost my baby boy to trisomy 18
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:27 am 
new user

My son Joey was born on January 6, 2011 and just passed away May 13, 2011. He was born with a chromosomal defect called trisomy 18, also known as Edwards' Syndrome. We didn't know he was affected by it during my pregnancy, let alone have we ever heard of it. But I learned more about it in my son's four months of life than any mother should ever have to know.
Trisomy is an extra chromosome in any set of chromosomes. Joey had it in the 18th set, and it caused many many complications to his heart, his kidneys, his bladder. I had to feed him through a feeding tube and we spent more time in the hospital with him than at home. To us he was perfect though, and he remained so calm and sweet despite everything he was going through. He still managed to smile even though all we could do sometimes was cry for him.
I find comfort knowing he's free from all his pain and he's in God's loving arms. But I miss him so much it's tearing me up inside. It hurts to know there was nothing anyone could do to save him, his fate was sealed long before he was born. Our love just wasn't enough to keep him here. I still hear him at night and I would give anything to hold him in my arms again.
How do I go on without him??

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Lost my baby boy to trisomy 18
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:01 pm 
new user

I am so sorry for your loss . As to how to go on I cannot answer that . I lost my 16 year old daughter 3 months ago and I am as lost as the night she died .

About all I can say is there are others like us who have had to deal with these horrible losses .
That is why I joined this board . I wish I could tell you things will get better but they haven't for me .

I can only say you are not alone in this world . There are plenty of us crying every day trying to be nomal knowing that it is immpossible . Try and do your best to be strong and take one day at a time . At least that is what I a trying to do with little success .

I hope things get easier for you but unfortunately I think you are in for a long , long recovery process that may have no end in sight.
I don't mean to be negative just honest . Only people like us can understand the extreme pain these deaths cause us . Others just can't comprehend the debilitating effects this causes. I feel like a little bit of me is dying everyday I expeirence this grief and depression .

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy