It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Discussion: Not a good day :(
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 am 
user

Today has not been a good day for me at all. The emotions of September 11 are just overwhelming. The remembrance of what our nation endured on that heartbreaking day........whats more, it is a day that I will remember forever, for more personal reasons. I remember vividly....I was just a little over 3 months pregnant with the twins when I received the news of the attacks in New York. I sat around the TV, just as many of us did I'm sure, not being able to tear my eyes away from the horrible sight. I remember praying to God for the safety of those that were there, not only the ones that were in the towers, but also for the ones that were on the ground. I remember putting my hand on my belly and praying for the future of my boys; praying that God would protect our country from future cowardly attacks. I remember feeling the little "butterflies" in my belly as I prayed, as if they were responding to every word that I said. How I miss that feeling.

I'm sorry if I rambled just now. There are just so many emotions going through my mind, so many memories.....I thank you all for being here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:13 am 
user

Tonya,
I'm sorry today is causing emotional pain for you. I know it is a day that is hard for so many. I too remember that day and how I thought I can't even imagine what those people must be going through. Yes, I had lost my twins already but I was living in a world where I had stuffed all of my feelings down. Not anymore...
I think everything that triggers things in our heart and minds from when we had our children with us is so hard. It makes you ask all over again Why? doesn't it? I wish I could give you a hug and make it all better for you. Just please know my heart is crying with you and I'm praying for comfort for you.
Just a thought...can you imagine what your Jaydon and Jordan and my Wayne and Buck are putting B.J. through just trying to keep up with them? It's a good thing that he loved kids! :wink:
Love you, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:22 am 
user

Tonya~ My thoughts and prayers are with you today and everyday. I am sorry this day is just as hard on you. I too remember this day 5 years ago as if it were yesterday. My heart ached and still does for those families who will never be the same.

Don't worry about rambling, we are all here to listen.

http://naudya-jo.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:57 am 
user

I thank all of you very much, from the bottom of my heart. It's wonderful to know that I have such beautiful people by my side.

Cindy....I can only imagine what they are doing up there!!!!! I'm glad that they have each other to play with...poor B.J., they're probably running him all over the place! The picture I get in my head puts a big smile on my face. :)

I love you all.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:02 am 
user

Dear Tonya,
Like you, I remember watching everything unfold on the television in disbelief and I also couldn't imagine what those families were going through. I remember being on the phone with my husband when the second plane hit. I got that aching feeling in my stomach and even debated on getting Garion from school at that moment. I didn't know what was happening but I did know that I needed all of my children with me.
Keeping you and everyone in my prayers as we all reflect on this Anniversary. Some of the memories are very bittersweet as we remember being with our own Angels on that horrific day.
Do you mind if I make your post the discussion/topic of the day? I think it would do us all some good to reflect on this day with each other as much as we can.

Tammy, my heart continues to break for you. I am so sorry for this day being extra difficult for you with all that you were going through. (((HUGS)))

Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:07 am 
user

Beautiful Tammy, I have chills from the picture and from your words. I love you and I'm praying for you my friend.
Love, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:25 am 
user

Tammy....that was absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us. You are in my prayers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:38 am 
user

Dear Forum Sisters,

I remember where i was when I heard about the 911 attacks. I was teaching my high school students and my sister called me in my classroom and told me what was happening. Unbelievable. My heart goes out to those who lost their lives, were injured, and their families and friends. My neighbor across the street sister was killed in the twin towers. She was in her 30's. He started drinking when she was killed and has not stopped. His wife died of an aneurysm 2 months ago, and she was healthy and just had the aneurysm and died. She was in her early 40's. Now my dear neighbor is so lost in alcoholism. He tried to bury his grief of his sister's death with alcohol, but as we know grief can not be denied and now the dear man is dealing with his wife's untimely death.

Tammy thank you for the poem and beautiful graphic.

So much pain in this world,
Jo Ann

http://krystal-long-duss.memory-of.com

http://krystal-long-duss.last-memories.com

Krystal, My Precious Child

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:47 am 
user

Tonya, You will be in my thoughts and prayers.I love you, BIG HUGS!!!

Tammy,The pics were beautiful I hope you can recieve some comfort from your heartache.You will be in my prayers also. A long with all the victims and families of the 9-11 attacks.
Lots of HUGS,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:39 pm 
user

I was in the shower, getting ready for work. Scott called and told me to turn on my TV.... so I did and stood immobilized as I watched and listened as they hit the Pentagon and then as Flight 93 went down.

What a nightmare. We all knew we were being attacked and didn't know where the next strike might be. We live close to Portland and my son & family live in Seattle. His business is right there on Boeing Field........... so we thought Boeing might be a place to strike also.

I had to go to work, it was the opening day for fall quarter (I worked at a college). Faculty were there for a full week of orientation and first thing in the morning the college president makes his speech....... HE LOVES TO HEAR HIMSELF TALK! So, there we were, pinned up in the student center while he went on and on and on and everyone in the room just wanted to flee back to our offices so we could hear if anything else had happened. Every few minutes someone would escape to run check their computer and come back and the news was passed around the room..... and good old speaker that he was............just continued to go on and on for well over an hour. No-one heard, or cared to hear a single word he said that day.

My son has an air cargo, jet charter & refueling business......... it's straight across Boeing field from one of their biggest sections of the factory. I tried calling him all day, all phones were down, cell phones and land lines. I could not reach him, no matter what.

I was scared for him and not knowing what else would happen.
Later, after it had sort of calmed down a bit, like two days later, he called me. He has a huge electronic screen in his business where he monitors the location of all his planes and that day, across America........ which at any given time has between 5,000 and 7,000 planes in the air, only a few military planes were up. No private planes coming in or leaving American air space. Mike said he'd never seen or even imagined anything like that day.

He had, before 911, given flight lessons also. But after that day, he closed the academy portion of his business. He said Boeing field was literally crawling with FBI men. They reviewed his flight training for every single trainee going back years. Mike just handed over his books and closed the academy that day. He said there would be no way that part of his business could survive this event........ He was right. Most of the flight training academies closed down and never reopened. The FBI, and rightly so, was so present and demands and certifications for training became impossible to conform to.

Mike has done so well with his cargo and refueling private jets business and he provides charter jets and pilot & crew for business men from all over the world, so he wasn't sorry to say goodbye to the flight training academy. But, that entire event hurt his business something terrible, but he hung on because all his employees depend on him for income & insurance benefits. So many other businesses totally went under, he survived and now is huge on Boeing field.

But, he says Boeing field is so changed by all that.......... Everything in his business is open to scrutiny. He says he doesn't mind, except when it really starts interfering with business.....

That was a nightmare for everyone. No-one will ever forget that day....... and remember, it wasn't the first time they attacked the World trade Center.

jane

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 pm 
user

One more 911 story that truly is a weird twist of fate. We have close friends, known them from high school, living in Seattle. Their kids grew up with mine.......

Their oldest & only son, Craig, worked in one of the buildings right beside & underneath the world trade center twins. We visited him years ago and went up as far as we could in the trade center........... SCARY!

Anyway, the couple, Mary Beth & Jerry, were on a cruise ship in South America when the captain called all passengers to meet immediately. They thought the boat was sinking or something......... but they were told that America was under attack and they did not know the extent of the damage or who did it or anything except that they were attacking New York and Washington D.C.

Mary Beth & Jerry were scheduled to take a small plane inland on a site seeing trip with 37 other people. But, they tried all day and could not reach their son, Craig. So they elected not to go on the site seeing trip. It was two days before they talked to Craig and they were desperately trying to reach each other but couldn't. Communication was shut down.........

The site seeing plane crashed and all aboard were killed. Craig had not even been in NY that day . He'd taken a couple days off. He's into advertising and works long days and had just at the last minute decided to take the day off.....

Weird, if he'd been at work, the building he worked in was also totally destroyed..... if Mary Beth & Jerry had opted to take that sight seeing flight, they'd have died in the plane crash. Craig could not reach them and he knew they were scheduled to go on that trip inland and they could not reach him and they knew his building was destroyed and many people died..........

But all of them lived........ even though all three had death waiting for them that day..... I guess it just wasn't their time.

I've always thought this was an interesting twist......... sadly, neither of them knew the other was alive for a couple of very frightening day.

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:23 pm 
user

Wow...that sure is a twist of fate. Thank God that all of them are alive today. Today is my Fiance's Birthday and he doesn't like celebrating it. He says that it's not fair to be celebrating his life when so many others lost theirs.

My heart and many prayers go out to any and all people who were directly or even indirectly involved in that horrific day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: 9/11
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:52 pm 
user

First to Tammy,
My heart aches for the painful memories this day brings you.

Jane, What am incredible story. Wow! I wonder if it was just luck? Or if there is something to the theory that we have a finite time allowed on this earth and when your time is up, your time is up. I can't believe that though.

On 9/11/01 I got up to get ready for work. It was about 6:30 AM here. My husband told me about the plane crashing into the World Trade Center. While I was taking a bath. He cam in and said that another plane had just hid the other tower. I told him that if 2 planes hit the towers, it was no ACCIDENT.

I was going into work late that day as I had an appt in the morning. I watched the unfolding events on TV in a state of shock and horror.

I worked at the Portland VA Medical Center in the clinic. When I got to work that day our patients (all veterans) were glued to the TV in the waiting room as they waited to see their doctors. The VA had gone on high alert and there were VA police and barriers all over the place. A lot of our patients had elevated blood pressures that day. Eventually they took the TV out of our waiting room.

Later that afternoon when I got home, everything was sooo silent. It was eerie. We live close to the Portland International Airport and usually see and hear planes overhead. Not loud, just a background noise. They had all been grounded.

I and all those around me were in a state of utter shock and disbelief. How could this happen? Here, in America!!! We adjusted and learned to live in a post 9/11 world. We all gave up some previously taken for granted liberties in order to feel safer. We all learned to adapt to new travel restrictions. We have spent 6 years craving the capture of the creature who orchestrated this slaughter.

I later came to take care of some of the boys/men who went to Afghanistan and Iraq. some suffered physical injuries/ailments as a result. All suffered emotionally after coming back home.

The only other times that I have felt the way I did that day, was when President Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Senator Bobby Kennedy were killed and when President Reagan was shot.

And then when Laura was killed. It was like my own personal 9/11. I'm sure you all know what I mean. It was hard to understand how the rest of the world could go on as if nothing was different. Why wasn't everyone in a national state of mourning? But, of course, I knew that nothing had really changed for THEM. But my world changed forever that day.

We put our flag out on the morning of 9/11/01. Like alot of others we started flying our flag everyday. Now hardly anyone still does. But we do everyday. Each year before 9/11 we buy a new flag. We fly it to remember 9/11 and to honor all who innocently died in those terrible acts. We fly it to honor all the men and women who are overseas doing the job that their country bade them to do. We fly it for the thousands who have died in service to us since 9/11. We fly it for the poor young people who return from their service and face scorn for doing their duty. We are patriots and not ashamed to show it.

Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:04 pm 
user

Cece......... we also fly our flag every day and at half mast when something national happens

I bought a flag pole and my husband concreted it into the ground. We had always flown it on the 4th and special holidays but now it flies every day.

Me too.......... (not having felt that way since those tragic events: Kennediy assassinations, etc..) and me too.... that I felt the flags should all be lowered when I lost my son. But nobody changed or did anything dramatic............. for everyone else, life just went on................

It was unbelievable horror to me and I was so frightened that they actually came into our country to attack us....... but they've hit us several times in many different places and this is the 2nd time for the trade center. The first one didn't do nearly as much damage as they had planned. I wish we could catch that monster..............

jane

~Luciano De Crescenzo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 pm 
user

I am kinda new here but get right on here when I get home from work, first I want to say Blessings to you all yall are the sweetest people I wish I had never had to meet that none of us was in this club, your posts are so full of love, love you guys

I had just met my husband to be when 911 happen it was so painful for me, It really hurt Vernon, my son so bad. On 9-12 was my first out time with my husband to be, little did I know at that time two and a half years later I'd marry the man whom I thought hung the moon, or was the father of the person who murdered my precious son Vernon as he slept across the hall from me, then after that he blamed me for what his son done. Needless to say he divorced me.
I agree the world is so full of sadness and my heart goes out to all the 911 victims and families, just as it does to each of you

God Bless All
Patsy Verns Mom forever

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy Go to page 1, 2  Next