It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Being Thankful
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:23 pm 
user

Is there someone or something you are thankful for, despite all your tragedies?

I am very thankful for my Mama Lucy!! (((HUGS))) :D :D :D During the hardest times she's had to face in her life, she is still there for me and willing to help out. Even for silly reasons. I realize now more than ever MOMS know best. At 15 I knew EVERYTHING. I didn't get along with my own mother very well at the time and she always told me "Someday you will. You will be good friends." Now that I am almost 24 my mother and I get along great. We are best friends. Lucy told me, and she was right. I went from feeling like I had no mom, to having two. I feel blessed.

Last night I talked to her on the phone for a very long time. Not about Laura, not about death. Just family. I haven't had a phone conversation that long since I was 15 and sneaking on the phone in the middle of the night calling my boyfriend (now husband - LOL). My husband isn't sharing his thoughts on everything that has happened, but I talk to Lucy and she always has advice to help him out. It's nice to know she is there, and I hope she feels like I am there for her. We both have trouble sleeping at night, and it's nice to sign on our chat room and know she might be there to listen. She is my comfort, and helps me get through my toughest days. She means so much to me. I love her as much as my own mother. :')

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:15 pm 
user

I'm thankful for many things big and small but for now I can only say I am thankful that the Lord doesn't give up on me when I deserve to be given up on. He knows everything about me good and bad and loves me anyway. I don't have a clue as to why but I know He does. If He never does another thing for me I could never repay Him for what He has already done. And when I don't feel like I can take life even one more day (like today) He carries me and shows me his Grace is sufficient even if I don't believe it at the time.
Love, Cindy

I don't mean this to sound negative...I am just being honest. I really am thankful.

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
user

I can say a ditto and a huge "AMEN" to what Cindy said. I can also say a huge thank you to all of you.

My days have been incredibly painful since I lost my son........but I'm so very grateful to God for allowing me to carry this wonderful young man in my body, bring him forth into this world and have the honor of mothering him for those years he lived here in my world.

Thank you God, from the bottom of my heart. Not only for my son Scott, but for my other children, my grandchildren and my husband. I give them credit for my strength to awaken each morning and to keep on trying to go forward in this life.....

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Thank you Drea.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:49 pm 
user

I am speechless Andrea. You have truly been a blessing to me. I am glad that I mean so much to you, as you do to me. I am also thankful that I was right about you and your mom growing closer as you got older. I love you.

As long as we are on the subject of thankfulness, I will share.

First I am thankful to Laura. For being my daughter and my friend. My life is richer because of her. Her passing has taught us all some valuable lessons. We will always love her and miss her and so she will live on.

I'm thankful to my husband, Bill. He is my lifeline. He has the patience of Job as far as I'm concerned. When I cry he holds me. When I need to talk, he listens. I feel nurtured and cherished. That allows me to have the strength to be here for others.

I am thankful to my other children including Drea. They have been unwavering in the love and concern for me. They make it possible for me to keep on breathing.

I am thankful to my grandchildren. They delight me and make me laugh. And, by their actions, they clearly think I am very special.

I am thankful to my mom. Mostly for just still being alive at 86. I know she will have to join Laura eventually, but I will enjoy her as long as she lives.

I am thankful to my sisters, Mary and Marti. They have been there for me to laugh, cry, and share memories with. I wish we all didn't live so far apart. Thank goodness for free long distance.

I am thankful to all my friends. Both the ones on this forum and the ones in person. I know that some of them may not be able to continue as a close friend. I am prepared for that. But I will still be thankful for the friendship and thankful that they cannot know how I feel because I wouldn't want them to suffer that kind of loss.

Last but, not least, I am thankful to God. He has been extremely patient with me on my personal religious journey. He knew that I never stopped believing in Him. That I was just fed up with the politics of "the church". We talk everyday, God and I. Well, mostly I talk and he listens. But, he answers me in His own way.

Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Last edited by Cece on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 pm 
user

Dear Drea,
Thank you hun for sharing yourself and your heart with us. I can only hope that when I become a mother-in-law (long, long, long time from now) that I am loved like you love Lucy. I think this is a beautiful relationship!

Dear Tammy,
I don't know where I would be if I didn't have you to talk to every morning with my coffee and everynight before I go to bed. Thank God for free long distance! It is an honor to be your best friend and I love you so much. Thank you for keeping me sane.

Dear Craig,
Yes, my husband reads these forums every morning and every night. You are my strength, my love, and my future. There would be no more ME if it weren't for you. You are my better half and I owe you my life. Thank you for giving me 3 beautiful children. And thank you for encouraging me to grieve however I need to for our son, just as I hope I have done the same for you. I love you!

Dear Angel Families,
I love you ladies and your angels so much. I honestly feel that our Angels brought us together because they knew we couldn't do this alone, without other grieving mothers to go to. You have all helped me to realize that what I feel and what I am going through is very normal and I thank all of you for allowing me to talk about my son.

Ok, I guess I can't narrow my support down to any one person no matter how hard I try. I think everyone who cares about me and has reached out to me has played a major role in where I am now...ALIVE. Sure, I have bad days, REALLY BAD DAYS, but that is only because I miss Garion so much. But at the end of the day I am still here fighting this grief with all of you. I have said it before and I will say it again and again,
INDIVIDUALLY WE ARE WEAK, BUT TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG!

Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy