It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: IM NEW TO THIS BECAUSE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 pm 
new user

IM NEW TO THIS BECAUSE I FELT ALONE MY SON STEVEN KENWARD AND HIS FRIEND WERE COMING HOME ON MY SONS FRIENDS MOTORCYCLE AT APROXIMATLEY 8:35 PM THEY WERE BOTH HIT AND KILLED BY A HIT AND RUN DRIVER ON AUGUST 8 ,2010 WE JUST WENT BACK TO THE 1 YR MEMORIAL SIGHT CALLED ALL TV STATIONS A WEEK IN ADVANCED GOT PROMISES THEY WOULD SHOW TO HELP US FIND THE DRIVER THE TV CREWS NEVER SHOWED,, I MADE A PROMISE WHILE HE LAID IN THE CASKET AND WHISPERED IN HIS EAR I WILL HUNT THIS PERSON DOWN TILL MY DIEING BREATH STEVEN I LOVE YOU , AND WE STILL HAVENT FOUND HIM WE NEED THAT CLOSURE BUT PEOPLE SAY ACCEPT THE FACT THAT HE MAY NOT EVER BE FOUND OR HAVE A GUILTY CONCIOUS. I PRAY THAT HE WILL COME FORWARD AND EASE OUR THOUGHT ON THE ACCIDENT WITH LITTLE MEANS OF MONEY WE HELD A CAR WASH FOR BOTH BOYS AND GOT ENOUGH TO PAY FOR BOTH BOYS FUNERALS ,, MY STEVEN LEAVES BEHIND A MOTHER A FATHER STEP PARENTS AND HIS 3 SISTERS AND 2 BROTHERS BUT MOST OF ALL HE LEAVES BEHIND A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE 3 YR OLD GIRL WHO ASK ME GRANDMA CAN YOU TAKE ME TO SEE MY DADDY WHAT DO YOU SAY ,,, I START CRYING BECAUSE MOMMYS WERE PUT ON THIS EARTH TO ,,PROTECT TO SHELTER TO LOVE TO CARE TO FIX IT TO PUT ANTISEPTIC AND A BANDAGE ON IT I CANT PUT A BANDAGE ON THIS I AM SO LOST EVERYDAY BECAUSE I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE THE HURT OR THA PAIN OF MY OTHER CHILDREN NAD MY GRANDBABYS I CANT PUT THAT BANDAGE ON THEIR HEARTS AND SAY ALL BETTER NOW I MISS HIM AND I LOVE HIM AND I WANT TO COMFORT HIM AND TELL HIM I LOVE YOU :cry: :cry:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: IM NEW TO THIS BECAUSE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:17 am 
new user

I'm sorry to hear about your son. You may have experienced others, in an attempt to comfort you or help you move on, say something that hurts you. Like when you mentioned someone telling you to accept the fact you may never find the hit and run driver that killed your son. I'm sure it was said with well intentions but you keep doing what you need to to keep your promise to your son. Dont let anyone tell you the proper way to grieve. Your loss is a tragedy. You can't just turn off your feelings. Seek help from a grief counselor. Get support from your closest family members. What you are feeling is normal for anyone in your situation.

Your resources may be limited but a little time and effort may bring awareness to your situation, and afterward, more support. Call the tv station back and tell them what happened. Tell them you are going to call their rival tv station to ask for help and mention how they stood you up. That might get their attention. if the hit and run driver sees his story he might feel gulty and turn himself in. You never know.

I hope this helps.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy