It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: coping
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 am 
new user

my son paul was born sleeping on may 20 2010 and i still will just cry at different times with stupid stuff i watched a show and they showed a castle built of baby diapers for a baby shower and i started crying, i dont know if i can handle this stuf without crying i just need help and dont know who to talk to.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: coping
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:49 am 
new user

Coping with the death of a child really has no time frame attached to it and while some days can be totally fine, other days the littlest thing will trigger a memory or thought and either make smile or have breaking into tears.

Patience with the process and allowing feelings to come without judgment is the key as life is not really measured in time, but it's measured in "events". We can't always choose what events happen to us in this life but we can choose what we do after that event happens. With each step as we grow the events of our life go forward, and so do our choices after each event. There is no one correct way to grieve the loss of a child, be perceptive of the patterns of grief and its impact can help smooth the path towards a happy and healthy new life, for parents who have suffered the loss.

The healing process is a very long one, but together we can make it. You really believe that there hasn't been any progress and you don't think there ever will be. But believe me when I tell you that one day you will look backwards and come to know that you have taken steps forward. The other day I surprised myself when I walked outside and felt the warmth of the sun, saw the spring flowers and said "what a beautiful day!". I was shocked, then realized I had made progress.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy Go to page 1, 2  Next