It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New update on Sinjin...Sept.24th.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:06 pm 
user

Lynda and Tammy or anyone else...if my posting updates on Sinjin here is not a good thing to do please let me know and I won't anymore. I just know what it's like to lose a child and I don't want Lorna and her family to have to go through what we are going through. I also know that you ladies know how to pray...because many times you've prayed for me and the Lord listened. But like I said, I understand if it's not a good thing and bothers you. Please let me know ok?
Love ya'll, Cindy

ps. Check out my avatar! It's not really Wayne and Buck but it represents them since I don't have any pictures.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2007 01:52 PM

I spoke with Doctor Mulnie today she is his hemo doc and she said that Sinjin is on the road to recovery!!!! She said I should be able to leave him and start back to work on Tuesday. Hear that Mrs Toni Tuesday Hooray!!!!.My co worker Mrs Jean is going on a well deserved vacation I believe within this next week so I want to get back to the office and help out as much as I am able.The doctor told me if anything happenes they would call me and she expects him to just keep getting better. John will be with him and that makes me feel much better. She also said Sinjin is amazing but this of course we all already knew. Sinjin is a fighter and he said while he was so sick in ICU that he could hear me crying and wanted so much to open his eyes and tell me that he was fighting hard to stay with us and he wanted me not to cry that he would not give up and leave us. He said he had some really strange dreams ...if they were dreams. I believe Sinjin is still with us by the grace of God. Your prayer made all the difference in the world and all our prayers were answered. Sinjin ate 1/2 a small sevving of applesauce today and held it down for about 30 minutes before the pain started so they hooked him back up to the suction device and pulled it out of his stomach. The doc says it may be more than a week before he can eat anything and be able to keep in on his stomach. Today is now 12 days with no food to speak of. He just got off the phone with Lil Miss Sarah Beth and little bit ago. He said he was having trouble hearing her I think maybe because of the machines running in his room. He asked her if she would call back tomorrow. He then told me that it was so nice to hear her voice. He is still on oxygen but now it just blows through his nose. Dr. Muline is the one who told him he was Cancer free and she and I came face to face for the 1st time since that day over in ICU she told me she knew I had been avoiding her but did not know why. I asked her if she was sure she wanted to open that can of worms and she said yes so... I let he have it ...all of it she stood there looking at me for a moment and then she did something I never ever thought she would do. She said she was sorry to me and then turned to Sinjin and told him how sorry she was and that she would work hard to win back his trust. Today I ran down to the parking lot for a moment and while I was gone she came to see Sinjin, because I was not there she asked Sinjin is you Mom still upset with me., Sinjin told her that he did not think so. She then went to Aaron's room next door and asked his mother the same question as she was leaving Aaron's room I was walking down the hall she saw me and said I am so glad to see you I was afraid you were still upset and were avoiding me. I told her no that I just wanted her to keep her promise to win back Sinjin's trust and we would go from there. She said I will do my very best.

Another poem , the only thing that keeps me sane while here at the hospital.

Our Children

Our children are our future
You attack them anyway,
Cancer you’re a thief of life,
Breaking hearts each day.

Our Children are our heart and soul
Of these two you have none,
We won’t take this lying down,
The fight has just begun.

Our children they are strong you see
They fight you tooth and nail,
You bit off more than you can chew,
This time you’re going to fail.

Our children are our light of life
And till a cure is found,
They battle you with chemo,
Round after round after round.

© By Lorna Mahan

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Last edited by Cindy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 am 
user

Dear Cindy,
PLEASE CONTINUE POSTING UPDATES ON SINJIN!!!! He is such a huge part of our hearts.
Praise God he is doing better!!!!! And thank you Cindy for keeping us updated. Sending your family and Sinjin's family many (((HUGS)))
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:33 pm 
user

Tammy and Lynda,
Thank you and I will. I hope it's ok with the others. If it's not all you have to do is tell me and I will understand.
Love ya'll, Cindy

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:36 pm 
user

Oh my gosh...I have have no problem at all reading the updates on Sinjin. I often log on and wonder how he is doing, hoping that you will have updated us on him. His story has touched my heart, and I pray for him and his family every night. Please continue to let us know how he is!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:02 pm 
user

Sinjin was on my heart and I wanted to leave a post here telling him...
I am praying for you. You have touched my heart and my life. Sending you many (((HUGS)))
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Here's the latest 9-17
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:27 pm 
user

Here's the latest on Sinjin...

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2007 02:12 PM

Sinjin has slept most of the day and he has been running a slight fever. Nose tube still in as of now but they clamped it all night to see if he could handle having fluid on his stomach over night. He held it down but he was in alot of pain. He now has his own PC so he can give pain killer meds to him self. They now are trying to wean him off the pain meds so here we go again another catch 22. They want him to be able to keep things on his stomach yet he is in pain when he does and they want to take the pain meds away so now what? I had to leave at 5am to go to the Ronald Mc Donald house because John was being a bed hog in our smaller than twin size bed. I had got up to go to the restroom and when I returned he was all up in the middle of the bed looking real comfortable sleeping hard. I tried to get back into bed but was hanging all off the mattress and he would not move an inch so I grabbed my purse and went across the street and wouldn't you know as my luck would have it... the air conditioner went out and it was so hot in the room. I didn't want to wake anyone at that early hour so I just fell into the bed tossing and turning till around 9am and finally I fell asleep till around 10:30 and then I had to get up the room felt like a sauna. The woman was then at the front desk and said lets move you into the room next door to the one your in. I moved our things and of course by then I was wide awake so I came back to the hospital to Sinjin. I walked into the room and John was up and wide awake he smiled at me and said I have been telling everyone that asks where you are that you ran off and left us because you were mad at me. I called him a bed hog and he laughed and said that he told me he was dead to the world and didn't even know I had left. I told him that I did not have much of a choice except the floor and I was afraid in our small room that the nurse would step on me. He still thinks it's funny that I could not get back into bed. He has to work tonight so I will have the bed to myself in Sinjin's room. I am making an attempt to return to work tomorrow but it is hard to leave Sinjin even though John is here I am afraid of another phone call to my work that Sinjin is not well. I broke all speed limits trying to get here last time and was just about scared to death and as we all know I had very good reason. I will close for now want to go see if Sinjin is awake yet. i have added a couple new photo's and also on under links I have added starlight.org/chemo it is little stories/episodes you click on and watch. It better helps you understand what a teenager with cancer goes through.

Livingstrong with courage Sinjin's mom

The link to Burkitt's will help you understand the cancer Sinjin is now fighting. Trevor Kotts site will help you learn more about the little boy on a mission while here on this earth. Honor Trevor at Memory-of and light a candle for this brave lil soul.

www.burkitts.org

www.trevorkott.com

www.trevor-kott.memory-of.com

www.clf4kids.org

www.starlight.org/chemo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:54 pm 
user

Cindy,
Please keep posting updates on Sinjin,I'm so glad he is doing better,I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
God Bless,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Latest update...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:25 am 
user

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2007 03:06 PM
Hello all I worked only 1/2 day today so I got off at 3 pm and arrived here at the hospital just now. Sinjin asked for a Happy Meal so I brought him one so he at this moment is attempting to eat it. He doesn't want me just standing over him as he trys so I am in child life and was talking to a mom that has a two year of and he has liver cancer. He is waiting for a liver transplant.His name is Tatum and he is a little cutie pie. I would ask all to pray for this beautiful lil boy that he can hold on till he can receive his transplant and also pray one comes through very soon for him. Aaron White got to go home the day before yesterday and he had to come back last night, he has a staff infection in his port. Pray for Aaron that the infection will leave his body and that his final CT scan in 2 weeks comes back clear and the last tumor is GONE from his lung. Sinjin from what I have been told by nurses and John slept all day long till sissy (Shannon) and Angel arrived to visit for a bit. The tube came out late last night so everything he eats and drinks stays on his stomach and we hope his body will do as it should and send everthing in the right direction. Keep praying for Sinjin please that we will soon be back on track and moving forward. I wanted to say to Kerri, I appreciate all the info you send my way and thank you for it. You have walked this path we are now on and you know and understand so keep all the info you got coming my way. Also Dianne you have been most helpful by sending info to me also...thank you. To the Outlaw's who I adore keep on praying we know it is working. I want to thank Susie my daughter Shannon's friend for the flowers she sent while Sinjin was in ICU. I thanked her once before but mispelled her name ( shame on me). All who sign Sinjin's guestbook and support us are amazing and we are deeply grateful for each of you. To my sister Suz who offered to pay for our stays a the Ronald Mc Donald house in Temple thank you so much it is a load off our minds and John and I are both going there for showers and John sleeps there while I am here and he said it is quite and peaceful. To my sis Denise...I knew given a few minutes you would figure out this site and I am so glad you did we loved hearing from you. I know you are getting ready to be a hunting season widow as well as a football widow so call and we will visit. I wanted to tell you all a terrible thing is going on in Killeen Texas at this moment a man went into the Texas Workforce Commision and is holding hostages since this morning. As I was on my way to the hospital I saw all the police cars and where they had blocked off the streets. Lets pray for them locked inside and their families for strength and pray that they all get out safe and sound with no loss of life. So very sad...

Well I will close for tonight and go back to our room and see how Sinjin is doing on that burger he is eating.

Livingstrong with Courage Sinjin's mom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2007 06:12 PM
Update from earlier journal today. The people who were hostage are all free. They got all 65 people out. The gunman is they say at large they think inside the building and the police still have area secured until they find him. So glad all got out safe.

Sinjin's mom

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:55 am 
user

Continueing to keep Sinjin in my prayers and that the happy meal was handled well by his most precious body. I am also thankful that the hostages got our safely. This is a very scary world.
Thank you Cindy for the update. Much love to your family and Sinjin's family!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:43 am 
user

Ttammy, just one question??? Have you forgotten how to spell your name? If you have I'll help you out. It's like this...

T a m m y

Now don't you feel better? No thanks are needed! :lol:

Love you, Cindy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: New update...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:26 pm 
user

Please keep praying...

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2007 09:17 PM
News for the day should be considered exciting news yet I an concerned. The doctors have decided that they are going to release Sinjin from the hospital on Friday we will be home for the weekend and then back to the hospital on Monday. My concerns are that Sinjin is still hooked up to his personal PCA and gives himself his pain meds every 1/2 hour and he still has alot of stomach pain. The burger did not agree with him nor does any food at this time, He keeps throwing up and can't even hold down applesauce.They did a x ray and one of his lungs is closing down again so they want to start working more aggressively on exercising his lungs and we found that out today. He is still getting the nutrition bag. So I guess I question just how this is gonna work. I am under the impression that he still needs all these things and yet they are going to stop all on friday right before we leave. The Doc came in tonight and Sinjin was in pain so the doc said push your PCA and give yourself some pain meds I asked him how is that gonna work being you are going to stop everything on Friday and he won't be able to control his pain anymore. He said that he was going start cutting back the amount Sinjin could give to himself between now and Friday and that it is possible that Sinjin will be in some pain when he leaves. I am tired of Sinjin being in pain, he has been in nothing but pain since May. When we come back in on Monday they plan to start his chemo again and it worries me because Sinjin has still not fully recovered from this stay her that was caused by his last round of chemo. I try so hard to stay positive but at times I feel so lost and confused. I am scared of what this next round will do to him but it seems we have no choice because of the window (time frame) we have to move now they say. So here we go again. Sinjin trying to be strong and me trying not to fall apart and John trying to hold us all together. Fear and more fear... Sinjin said he had an okay day today. He talked to Sarah Beth tonight and that brightened his day. She is such a sweet girl. Joihn left to go to work and it is just me and Bud here. His nurse tonight is special we like her and she and I pick at one another. She did tell me tonight that she has heard through the grapevine that there are a few nurses that I guess for a lack of a better way to put it Do Not Much Care For Me. And that she also heard that I had a issues with a few of them. Since the only place I talk about such things is here on caringbridge and a few people here at the hospital have been to this site I am pretty sure that they get the info of how upset I get and of course I let them know when I am angry and most info on my feelings from here. So I will say to those of you that have cared for my son and done what I feel was a crappy job my goal has always been to protect my son and as his mother I will continue to do so and if in doing so I step on a few toes ... so be it.concern has always been

I guess Lorna had to stop again...this happens often. Maybe she will come back and finish later. I am adding his caringbridge address if anyone wants to visit his site.
Love, Cindy

www.caringbridge.org/visit/sinjinandrukates

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 am 
user

I'm adding the last two updates. I didn't get a chance to yesterday.
Love, Cindy

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2007 09:17 PM
News for the day should be considered exciting news yet I an concerned. The doctors have decided that they a going to release Sinjin from the hospital on Friday we will be home for the weekend and then back to the hospital on Monday. My concerns are that Sinjin is still hooked up to his personal PCA and gives himself his pain meds every 1/2 hour and he still has alot of stomach pain. The burger did not agree with him nor does any food at this time, He keeps throwing up and can't even hold down applesauce.They did a x ray and one of his lungs is closing down again so they want to start working more aggressively on exercising his lungs and we found that out today. He is still getting the nutrition bag. So I guess I question just how this is gonna work. I am under the impression that he still needs all these things and yet they are going to stop all on Friday right before we leave. The Doc came in tonight and Sinjin was in pain so the doc said push your PCA and give yourself some pain meds I asked him how is that gonna work being you are going to stop everything on Friday and he won't be able to control his pain anymore. He said that he was going start cutting back the amount Sinjin could give to himself between now and Friday and that it is possible that Sinjin will be in some pain when he leaves. I am tired of Sinjin being in pain, he has been in nothing but pain since May. When we come back in on Monday they plan to start his chemo again and it worries me because Sinjin has still not fully recovered from this stay her that was caused by his last round of chemo. I try so hard to stay positive but at times I feel so lost and confused. I am scared of what this next round will do to him but it seems we have no choice because of the window (time frame) we have to move now they say. So here we go again. Sinjin trying to be strong and me trying not to fall apart and John trying to hold us all together. Fear and more fear... Sinjin said he had an okay day today. He talked to Sarah Beth tonight and that brightened his day. She is such a sweet girl. John left to go to work and it is just me and Bud here. His nurse tonight is special we like her and she and I pick at one another. She did tell me tonight that she has heard through the grapevine that there are a few nurses that I guess for a lack of a better way to put it Do Not Much Care For Me. And that she also heard that I had a issues with a few of them. Since the only place I talk about such things is here on caringbridge and a few people here at the hospital have been to this site I am pretty sure that they get the info of how upset I get and of course I let them know in person when I am angry.Most info on my feelings comes from here. So I will say to those of you ladies that have cared for my son and done what I feel was a crappy job and you know who you are , my goal has always been to protect my son and as his mother I will continue on and if in doing so I step on a few toes ... so be it. Trust me when I say we are as tired of you as you are of us. I will never say I am sorry to someone who treats my son as if he is bothering them or that is short and near rude to him. Okay so I am done speaking to the busy bodies (nurses) who come here to see who and what I am upset with, My site so I will continue posting good and bad. I am. sleepy now I must close. By the way there are some wonderful nurses here and they also know who they are .

Livingstrong with courage Sinjin's mom

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2007 09:28 PM
So I am sitting in living room as I journal tonight. John called me at work and told me that they released Sinjin from the hospital. Kinda threw me for a loop. Shannon went to pick him up in her car while John loaded the truck with all the our stuff. Can't get his meds till tomorrow. Though I worry we are sooooo happy to be here at home it is so very true "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME" Sinjin is happy to be home though is is already laying own trying to get some much needed sleep and he is having stomach pain. In the hospital sleep is always put on the back burner with someone coming in each hour waking you up for blood pressure, temp etc... Sinjin ate 1 bite of banana and 1 slice of bread...since he got home and it's a start. We have not even unpacked the truck yet maybe tomorrow night. I only saw Sinjin for a few moments and then he was off to bed. I will visit with him tomorrow night when I get home from work. He wanted to call Sarah Beth tonight but it was already 9:30 pm so I told him it was to late to call he said then I will call he tomorrow after she gets out of school if I am awake. I think tonight he will sleep like a baby... I hope.

Goodnight Livingstrong with hope Sinjin's mom

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:15 am 
user

Cindy....

Thank you so much for the update of dear Sinjin. I continue to pray for him and his family.

All my love.......

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 am 
user

Dear Cindy,
Thank you! I got chills thinking of how happy they all must be to be home but also how nervous it must also be for them to be home. Praying strongly for Sinjin as they get ready with the next round of cemo. Sinjin is one tough cookie and I am so proud of him!
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:27 pm 
user

Thank you for all the updates, Cindy. I will continue to pray for Sinjin and his family.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy Go to page 1, 2  Next