It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Just wanted to share...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 pm 
user

My little Johnathan has been sick with a high fever since yesterday so I took him to see his doctor today. He's ok just has a virus that has to run it's course and he's already better. That isn't what my post is about though.
Anyway, I took him to see his doctor and my heart was just blessed in such a special way. His doctor Scot ( I'll use only his first name) is such a kind man. Every time I see him which isn't very often,he always takes the time to ask how our family is doing after losing B.J. He doesn't just run us through his office and out, he always takes time to ask and then listen. He did this again today and my heart was so blessed once again. Of course he always makes me want to cry because of the compassion he shows but it's such a good thing.
We have such a need to be heard and cared about by the people in this world we live in and I know none of us get enough of what we need in our daily life.
So... I was blessed and I just wanted to share it with my some of my most favorite people. There really are some good people out there, may the Lord put them in our paths more often.
Love ya'll, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:37 am 
user

Dear Cindy,
Awe, I am sorry Jonathan isn't feeling well. But I am thankful you had someone come into your day and showed you compassion, understanding, and was willing to listen to you. People like that seem to be far and few now of days. I will keep your little man in my prayers in that he will begin to feel better real soon. It is so hard to see them sick :( I know you weren't feeling well the other day after laying the tile. How are you feeling?
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:23 am 
user

Lynda and Tammy,
Yes, it's so good to have someone to show they care. I remember when B.J. passed away Johnathan was sick. I called (Dr. Scot) to ask him what to do. Needless to say I was a basket case. B.J. had been sick for a few days before he died and I was blaming myself for not knowing he was so sick. (Still do so much of the time). Anyway, I was afraid Johnathan was going to die too and I was terrified. He had been so bad off when he was little that it was a miracle many times that he pulled through. He wasn't that sick at this time but since we had just lost B.J. my heart was full of fear. I called his doctor at home and just cried and cried. He spent a long time talking to me to see what was going on with Johnathan and he told me if I wanted him to he would come make a house call to check on him. That would have been coming 35 miles! Some house call huh? But I knew he meant it. Well, I told him no and he assured me over and over that Johnathan would be ok and of course he was. I told him I just couldn't trust myself to take care of him because I let my B.J. die. He told me over and over again to remember all the times in the past that I had taken care of him and B.J. and to stop second guessing myself. He told me over and over again that it wasn't my fault. I almost believed him.
Many times since then he has went out of his way for us and our hearts will be thankful always that the Lord put this man in our lives. Besides...I think there might just be a little bit of partiality going on...when we adopted Johnathan we named him after his doctor. Johnathan's middle name is Scot (spelled with one t) and his doctor is proud! :D
Johnathan is much better this morning. No fever!!! He can go back to school tomorrow if the fever doesn't come back and I don't think it will. Thank you for praying for him. I always worry so much when my children get sick.
I'm better now too. I about decided it wasn't the glue after all because I was sick all the next day with an achy body and lighthead. I probably had what he had and working all evening on that crazy tile wore me out. But...it sure does look good!
Now that Johnathan is doing better I'm falling apart emotionally again. Isn't that about right? You would think that after being so worried it would be peaceful now but I guess my emotions were put under too much stress again.
There's more I would like to say just to get it out of me but I just can't right now. Maybe later. Thank you again for your prayers.
Love, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:56 am 
user

Cindy,

Take care of yourself and get some much needed rest. You and your family are in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

I love you!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:39 pm 
user

Cindy,
I'm glad your little guy is feeling better.You are so blessed to have a Doctor who has a caring heart.You'll be in my prayers.
HUGS and LOVE,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy