It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: My Mama Lucy!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:43 am 
user

Some of you may know, today was Laura's "2nd service." It was held in Portland where she worked and lived very close to. It was a very informal service, more like a casual get together to celebrate her life. We were wrapping up at end, cleaning up, when Lucy slipped on some water by a cooler and fell on her knee. I saw it in slow motion and heard the most horrendous CLUNK as her knee cap smashed against the ceramic tile. At first I thought it was her head against a table, but quickly discovered it was her knee (still not good but THANKFUL it wasn't her head).

Fast forward... she was taken to the hospital by ambulance. She will have to have surgery once the swelling goes down. Her wonderful vacation she has planned for the next month now has to be put off until she is well enough to go. :'(

She is a very tough woman. She has been through a lot, and this was the last thing she needed. I could see and hear her in pain. :'(

Please don't be mad I told everyone Mama Lucy - I need prayers for an easy surgery and speedy recovery!!! I don't know how to make this better!! :'(

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Last edited by Drea on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:50 am 
user

Dear Drea,
Thank you for letting us know! We will also pray that Mama Lucy isn't upset with you (((HUGS)))

Dear Lucy,
Girl, when does it end????? I would ask how everything went. I am so sorry this has happened to you!!!! Of all days and of all times...not that there is ever a good time to shatter your knee cap. OUCH! Take it easy, rest, and write to us when you can. I am also only a phone call away if you need anyone to talk to. Drea, please give Mama Lucy hugs for all of us! Keeping you in my prayers (((HUGS)))
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:11 am 
user

Lucy,
I,m so sorry this has happen to you.I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hoping for a speedy recovery.God Bless You.
Love and HUGS,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:58 am 
user

Oh my Lucy, bless your heart! I am so sorry! Get well soon and take care of yourself!

Love,
Susan

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:07 pm 
user

Dear Andrea,
Of course I'm not mad at you. I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop. Drugged up with this brace on and a bag of frozen veggies on my knee. The sooner the swelling goes down, the sooner they can operate. What really sucks is that even though I'm taking pain meds, the pain is bad enough that I am throwing up. I'm trying to feel well enough to take my regular morning meds. I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to take the trip that I was so looking forward to. I didn't really shatter my kneecap. It broke in half like a cookie. Than God for Bill. He is taking good care of me. I am stuck on the sofa. I can't even get to the bathroom, so Bill helps me get on my mom's potty chair that we had here for her. My living room looks like a hospital room. LOL. They gave me a walker, because I can't use crutches as I have arthritis in both shoulders. So I'm in my PJs on the sofa, the coffee table has been moved to in front of the fireplace and in it's place is the walker and the potty. Good thing I'm not very modest.
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and good wishes. On the up side Laura's Celebration of Life went really well. We had a nice turnout. Relatives, friends, neighbors, and co-workers all came and stayed awhile. Luckily, I didn't fall till it was over.
Thanks again, Lucy

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:56 pm 
user

I hope you're feeling better soon Lucy. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Love, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 pm 
user

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, so sorry this happen, wishing you a fast recovery God Bless Patsy

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 am 
user

OH Lucy!! Take care of yourself hun. So sorry that you fell, thinking and praying for you.

(((((HUGS)))))

http://naudya-jo.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:53 pm 
user

Lucy.....

I'm so sorry you hurt your knee!! You take it easy and follow the doctor's orders!! An injured knee is not a very pleasant injury to endure! You hand in there and take one day at a time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:18 pm 
user

Dear Lucy,
So good to see you posting!!! I am so sorry about your knee. Do what the doctor says and keep cold veggies on it (peas work great!) so they can do the surgery soon and you will begin to feel better. Keeping you in my prayers (((HUGS)))
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 am 
user

Hey Lucy....just checking in on you. Hope you're doing okay, if there's anything you need, please let me know!!!

Love you!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 pm 
user

Well, I went to the orthopedic surgeon today. He told me what I already knew. I need surgery to wire the 2 pieces of my knee back together. So he goes to check and see when it could be scheduled and comes back and says,"How about tomorrow morning?" I told him that would work and it was settled. I have to be there at 7:30 AM. If everything goes OK I can come home tomorrow evening. My knee will be immobilized for about a week and then I'll be in a brace that limits my range of motion, but gradually increase it until I get everything back. This broken knee cap hurt worse than giving birth! And, I don't even get a baby out of it! I probably won't be posting for a few days, but I am going to try to at least read the forum. I love you all. Thank you. Lucy

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 pm 
user

[/b]I am praying that everything goes well for you tomorrow...you'll be in my thoughts. If there's anything that you need, please do not hesitate to ask!!!

I love you!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy