It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Responses to "Tell Us Who You Are Now"
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:54 pm 
user

My gosh,

I love getting the responses and reading all of them........ it lets us get closer to understanding everybody.

It's amazing, no matter the circumstances of the loss, it seems we've mosty experienced the same life altering changes. We've all began a journey into a new person and we know we're not there yet..........and may never truly be "there"..... but we're on our way....... and yes, we're traveling together.

It truly is heart warming that we can share so much of ourselves, and actually - in doing do, force ourselves to think about what's happened to us.

I too was very outgoing........loved people, always laughing, pretty much the life of the party at times. My friends enjoyed my company, my family always wanted me to help organize things and I got along very well at work.........with everyone.

I still have a fondness for those people, but somehow I don't want to participate much anymore. I'm not the life of the party anymore. My zest for life has left me........ and when I stare into a mirror sometimes I don't know the person who looks back at me. I've aged and there's a sadness and bleakness in my eyes.

I keep my hair fairly short so I can get away without doing the blow dry routine every day but make up is something I seldom put on. I don't seem to care anymore. It can take me two or three days to get all the beds changed and the rooms vacuumed. I will leave the carpet shampooer and vaccum cleaner sitting in the middlle of a room for days. I've always got a load in the washer and one in the dryer and my dishwasher is always full. I don't seem to care much about things like that anymore.

I too have gained 22 pounds, but don't seem to care. Don't ask me why, It just doesn't seem to matter much to me anymore. I wear jeans and a shirt every day. My dress up clothes don't fit anymore. I've got two HUGE black garbage bags full of things to take to the goodwill that are too small now.

At first I quit eating and lost about ten pounds, but now....I don't seem to care what I eat and don't eat healthy except when the grandkids are here. So, I've gained weight, I'm only 5 foot 2 inches tall so 22 pounds really shows up on me.

My desk is piled high with paperwork.........needing to be filed away and I sit here on the forum, or answering email for hours.

My motivation to keep busy has evaporated. Things aren't so important to me now.

But, I see that I'm not alone. One of my best friends keeps telling me that she misses me. I told her she sees me once a week or so, and she said, no......... I mean the real you. I told her I'm sorry, but she's gone....... parts of her may return, but the essence of who I was is buried out at Memorial Park Cemetery.

She understands, but says she still misses the person I was. Sometimes so do I.

Thank you all for opening up and being so very honest about yourself.

love, hugs, prayers,
jane

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 pm 
user

Dear Jane,
Yes, I find it to not only be therapeutic to answer to the topics but also therapeutic to find a topic. I think we are going to try and do a topic every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, starting next week...if everyone likes that? Tammy doesn't mind doing them on Monday's, I will be more than happy to do them on Wednesday's, and we may randomly ask each Angel Family to do it on Friday's. It truly does help. If anyone doesn't want to do one on a Friday, please let Tammy or I know through email, as we will totally understand.
As always Jane, I love reading your words. More importantly I have grown to love you and your son, Scott. I really do wish we could have all met each other before we began this journey...I could only imagine the fun we would have all had. It is so hard for us all to smile at once now, but we try to bring smiles along with the tears that now naturally fall. This group has brought so much to my life, words just can't explain. Thank you Jane for helping us with this topic! I am one of those that has thought about the questions, even long after I have answered. I am not only learning about each of you but also learning about my new self.
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:54 pm 
user

Jane,
I find answering the topics very therapeutic also.Writing down how I feel inside or about life in general eases a lot of the stress.Keeping things bottled up isn't good for anyone.
Talking to others isn't easy but in here I feel I can open up more having people how understand and actually care.Everyone of you are the most caring loving group.
And I love reading everything you write,you just spell out the way I feel inside perfectly.
I love you all. May God Bless you.
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:29 pm 
user

I love the idea of a topic every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I appreciate how honest everyone is in their responses. I feel that it is helpful to read everyone's feelings and experiences and to write about our own. We have a wonderful forum here with people who truly open their heart and share. That is a rare and precious thing and I want each of you to know I appreciate you.
Love,

http://krystal-long-duss.memory-of.com

http://krystal-long-duss.last-memories.com

Krystal, My Precious Child

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy