It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:09 am 
user

Good Morning to you too Tammy.I glad to know I'm not the only one who spoils thier doggie.Only mine looks like that waiting for his pancakes. :lol:
Love you and your also in my heart and prayers, as are all you wonderful ladies.
HUGS,
Barbara

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:29 pm 
user

ME TOO! I showed you the pictures of my two dogs, and I also have three cats. When I sit down at the computer before I feed the dogs, they bug me to tears. They hang around whining and when I asked them what, they run to the kitchen.

I actually cook for them. For breakfast they get each a scrambled egg over their kibbles, with a little bit of lean meat..... a tablespoon of yogurt, a few bites of apple and a little sprinkle of Mozzarella cheese, low fat. They gobble it up so fast and then run over to check each other's bowl.

I mean I really "cook" for them.........dinner is a small chicken breast boiled unseasoned, split between the two of them, a half cup of brown rice prepared in chicken broth, with a few bites of yam, and another spoon of yogurt. I started doing that when that big poison thing came out about dog food. I order their kibbles from Flint River Ranch and they always have that available and plenty of water. But, as careful as I am to wash their water bowl every morning, their favorite drink is water right out of the fish pond.

My husband says the clean bowl is more for me than them.......they could care less.

They've become my children. My little Ahni sleeps right between Frank and me and she snores to high heaven. We both love them and take them just about everywhere we go.

Silly? Maybe............. but they fill my heart, make me believe I'm lovable and keep us alive and moving.

love you all,
jane

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

www.scottmatthew-hill.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 pm 
user

When Laura died in July, I had 6 cats. Chloe, Grizzley, Emma, Ellie, Aunie, and Molly. They were my babies. I wanted to get a dog, but knew that I could not because it would freak out my babies. Well, Laura had a dog. I knew how much she loved him and how much he loved her and could not get rid of him. He is the perfect dog to have with cats. He just ignores them and they have become accustomed to him. Barney is a pug. About 5 years old. It seems he has transferred his affection for Laura to me now. He will lay down with me whenever he can and sleeps with me every night. I have fallen in love with him too. I can't imagine life without her Barney. He loves to ride in the car and I take him whenever I can. I just love that dog. He has to eat dog food or he tends to get fat. But, I still sneak him some treats once in a while. He is very obedient too. Did I mention that I just love that dog?

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:16 pm 
user

I just now read everyone's posts on this topic.....how cute!!! I love animal stories. I know that if I lived on a farm, it would be like Noah's ark; I love animals!I have a Min Pin named Bambi, a 8 month old Yellow Lab named Cody and a cat named Velcro (very, very long story on the name! ha ha). I just introduced Cody to the mix last week, needless to say the cat only comes out once he is in his crate; she can't stand him! But him and Bambi get along well. I couldn't imagine feeding these critters anything but pet food. Geez, they'd eat me out of house and home! ha ha

Lucy....you said that you have precious Laura's Pug....aren't they just the best dogs? I used to have one and I just loved her to death. She was an old lady when I found her abandoned. It broke my heart, so I took her home with me. My daughter named her Polly Pocket Pug. She would do anything as long as it pleased me. I miss her so much. I'm hoping to someday be able to get another one...or two!

I love you all!!
~Tonya~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:26 pm 
user

Lucy,

I think dogs sense things that are unknown to us. When I'm sad, my dogs come lay by me and lick my hands and my face. They know when we're hurting and they also grieve. I've read so many stories about them and the wonderful things they can do for grieving or injured or geriatric people who are so lonely.

Now they have discovered that dogs can find cancer in people. I just read this a few days ago. They tested a group of dogs and a controlled group of cancer patients versus non cancer patients. The dogs could identify the cancer patients with a 90% + accuracy.

On one of the other memory sites, I read a story about a teenager who was killed in an accident. He had a dog, I think it was a golden lab, he had trained and who slept with him and went everywhere with him. Anyway, the night the boy went out with his friends the dog pitched a royal fit, jumping against the door and barking and whining. The dog would not settle down.... went up to the boys room and jumped up on his bed and howled and howled..... the father got up and went upstairs to scold the dog and closed him in the bedroom. The dog kept up the awful scene and the father started upstairs to get the dog to put it in the garage and the phone rang......

The dog stopped eating and would not get off the boy's bed..... finally the boy's brother was able to coax the dog into eating, but it was after the funeral. The dog didn't eat a bite for days. The brother slept in his lost brother's bed to feel close to him and the dog finally accepted that boy in his heart.

Dogs know when to feel defensive of you and the property......... a deep growl or bark from a big dog is better than a burglar alarm......... they hear everything and if they'e defending their home and master.......... they're very hard to control.I feel so much safer with my dogs here at night. We have about two acres fenced in but we've had prowlers before........ but never any problems becasue our dogs sound a warning to anyone who comes around. They'd never, ever bite, but the strangers don't know that.

Our neighbors all have dogs and we can tell what's happening in the neighborhood just by listening to the dogs. They'll start barking up on the corner when someone turns on to our street and house by house they'll pick up the warning and do their part as people travel down our street. They never bark at the people who live on our street.

I love my animals........... guess you can tell,

Lucy, your pug can tell you're related to Laura. They say dogs recognize family connections through scent. She's probably transferred her love to you because you're the closest thing to Laura that she has now. They also respond to love and tenderness. Our dogs are our "babies" now. We know the difference between our children and the dogs, but they fill such an important role in our lives and they give us so much love without any pressure, any "shoulds" or "Musts" , no requirements........... just love. Whenever I sit down to rest, my baby Ahni is there in my arms. She loves me, I'm her hero and her love.

They absolutely adore the weekends we have the kids. The dogs are never happier than when we have kids in the house. They get so much more exercise........ the kids are out back, running and playing and tossing the ball and sticks.

Lucy, I'm so glad you took Laura's dog........... I'm sure she loved that dog and the dog, I'm sure, felt grief and separation and anxiety. Its whole world changed also. It's a good thing for both of you.

Dogs can bring people back from the brink.......... and it's because they give so much and ask so little in return.

Did I mention that I also have three cats? We have a houseful.............. and I think that's one of the reasons my grandkids all like to come to grandma's. We love kids and animals here.

All three of my children had pets for their families. My older son Mike has two dogs, my daughter has one and her kids have them also. It runs in our family.

“We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."
~Luciano De Crescenzo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm 
user

I find it so odd that the topic of dogs was brought up today. Our dog "Hank" has been gone since yesterday. He's an old dog, my oldest daughter Amanda got him as a pup for Christmas I think 11 years ago. I think he may have went off to die. I've heard dogs will do that and he's never gone off like this before. He has slowed down so much lately and would only eat if we pampered him and I did. I put his food out after Church last night and it's still there. He was here when we went to Church because I told him bye like I always do. I've driven all around today and he's just nowhere to be found. My kids will be home from school in about 30 or 40 minutes and they are going to know he's not here. Please pray for Sarah and Johnathan. Another loss at this time of the year isn't what my babies needed.
Love, Cindy
:cry:

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:16 pm 
user

Oh no, Cindy, I'm so sorry. :( I hope that Hank comes home safe and sound. However, if that's not the case, I pray that Sarah and Jonathan are comforted by all of the memories that they have of him. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers this evening as always. Please let us know.

I love you.

Sending many (((hugs))),
~Tonya~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am 
user

Well, it's 11pm here and Hank hasn't come home. My heart tells me he's not going to. Johnathan is so sad and I am too. I hate to see my kids cry.
~Cindy

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 am 
user

Cindy....

Keep praying, we haven't given up hope!!!!

Please give Sarah and Jonathan a hug from me and tell them that I love them and they're in my thoughts.

Love,
~Tonya~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:13 pm 
user

Oh Cindy, I'm so worried about your dog......... has he come back yet? How is your family, I would be heart broken if something happened to one of my animals. They are so important to me....

I'm worried about your family and how they are dealing with this. Do you have a shelter there, could he have been picked up and taken to the pound? I have chips in all my animals so if they're ever lost they can locate us by phone, email or by my vet.

I just hate to think of children missing their dog.

Let us know Cindy, and we'll ask God to send Hank home to his family.

Love,
jane

~Luciano De Crescenzo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 pm 
user

We had Laura's dog Barney the first two months after she died. We drove him back to Oregon from Kansas with us. He was so sad to leave the boys.. I could just tell. He wouldn't eat the first few days, even when we gave in and tried to feed him human food! He would sleep wherever I sat and just stare in my eyes. I know he misses Laura, and being at his farm. He misses the other boys. I'm just happy he has Brad again, and warm laps to sleep on.

Cindy,

Call your local shelters and vets. Maybe put up some MISSING signs with a picture? Someone had to have seen Hank! I hope he returns home soon!

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 pm 
user

No Hank hasn't came home. We live in a little town and if anyone finds him all they have to do is call the vet to know who's he is. I'm really afraid he won't be coming home. Johnathan is so worried and so sad. He ran outside and all around the house looking for him. Today when he got home from school the first words out of his mouth were... have you seen Hank? Poor little Johnathan, he's on 5 years old. He's already had to suffer so many losses in such a short little lifetime. I haven't told my oldest daughter yet, he was her dog but he ended up staying with us when she got married and left home. I wanted to wait a couple of days to see if he would come home. I'm hating the thought of having to tell her because the new little puppy she just got not long ago just got sick and died about 3 weeks ago.
Love, Cindy

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy