It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: On a lighter side
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:36 pm 
user

Okay Halloween is my FAVORITE Holiday, Christmas is my second. Halloween is my favorite because it isn't materialized like Christmas is. My mother has always gone way out for Halloween when I was growing up and I have carried that on to my family. I loved Halloween. My mother always got our yard in the paper for Halloween. Anyways we have many Halloween traditions that have been carried on. Christmas is my favorite as well because it is a time when all our family gets together and there is so MUCH LOVE in the air that time of Season. Everyone seems to be in a joyful spirit and wanting to do good things and wanting to show someone how much they mean to them. It just warms my heart that time of year.
I was just wanting to know what is everyone's favorite holiday and why? Also for those who celebrate Halloween what are your costumes or your kids costumes?

Take care and God Bless
Love
Latrisha

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 pm 
user

Dear Latrisha,
I remember going trick-or-treating when I was a little girl. Things have changed so much, you just can't take small children trick-or-treating just anywhere anymore. Also, is it just me or does there seem to be less and less people participating with giving out candy to trick-or-treaters? Regardless my children love to go and we take them by the church for a fall fest and then we usually go trick-or-treating in our town in this one particular area where all the families seem to go and the kids see all of their friends. I do not purchase full price costumes, sometimes we make ours but lately (since the accident) I have the kids find something in their dress up bucket. I like to hit the costume sales after holloween and buy a variety of things for them to play dress up and last them until next holloween to use as their costume. Calyn had her little diva rock star outfit out the other day with her wig, so I guess that is what she decided on. Rylon was going to spiderman, then a pirate, but the last one he said was Garion's jail house costume...so we shall see. It just isn't the same without my buddy going with us...and I hate it because Calyn & Rylon deserve to have fun memories too. Me...I will put on my mask and pretend to be in a good mood :)
Hugs,
Lynda

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy