It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The Holidays and Change....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:33 am 
user

The Holidays are upon us.Everything has changed.There is an empty chair at the table.
My heart is empty!!Nothing will ever be the same.
How will things change for you or how have they changed?Will you follow the same tradition or start new ones? Or maybe none at all.

I don't even want to put up a tree,thats is until Jacob reminded me that he is still here.
He wants to decorate our tree with all the "orments"as he says,that Michael has made through the years and hang his stocking by the fireplace.Jacob drew Michael a picture and he wants to put it in his stocking so his bubba will be sure to get it.
So I think this year I wiil have everyone write him a letter and leave it in his stocking.I don't ever want to just go on like he never existed.This way Michaels memory stays alive
within us all.But sometimes this emptiness is just for then I can take.
Michael loved Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the food that came with it.I know that he would want everything to be the same.Like I'm sure He will be here with us.

Love and Hugs,
Barbara
[/size]

http://www.michael-butler.last-memories.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:48 am 
user

Oh Barbara....

That is such a wonderful idea!! I know that Michael is so proud of you for everything that you are doing for your family.

Sending many hugs,
I love you....
~Tonya~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:28 pm 
user

Yeah...I now hate the holidays. Well I don't hate the fact that Christ was born, which is really the reason for the season. What I do hate is all the christmas music everywhere you go...IT'S NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING YET....(I call everyone out there Fa la la la la people) I hate them all. As long as A.J. is living with us I will put up a tree, because it's not his fault, life has to be as normal as possible for him. He's 24, He's a grown up now, but I don't want him to feel like when his brother died, his life stopped too. I don't want him to feel like he is not important enough for me to put up a tree. But Tammy, I understand...when he gets married or moves out. No more tree... I always loved holidays and my tree was beautiful...I spent so much money on ornaments because it made me happy. But no more. It's like a knife now stabs me in the heart when I even think of this. Well as far as I'm concerned....we are normal...it's everyone out there that's beating themselves up for the holidays that are not...lol
HUGS
Lisa

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:16 am 
user

Barbara, I'm so sorry. This is your first without Michael and I know it's so hard for you and your family. We just learn to do whatever it takes to get us through. We haven't done things the same since B.J. has been gone. It's been different every year. We haven't found what we like so we keep trying different ways to do it. Maybe that will be our new tradition...just whatever we decide at the time.
Either way the joy is gone but we do the best we can for our other children. B.J., died on the 1st of Dec. between Thanksgiving and Christmas so this time of the year is just messed up now. I know no time is a good time to lose our children, that's not what I mean. It's just not good...I think you know what I'm trying to say.
So we'll keep each other lifted in prayer, we will cry for and with each other, and together we will make it.
Love, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Barbara, MissingMyMelody&Mommy