It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Still Missing My Daddy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 am 
new user

Hi all,
I am brand new to this forum and this is my first post. My father passed away almost 17 years ago from throat cancer. At the time, I was 13 years old and was very sad at the time but my grief seems to get worse and not better. I think it's because now that I've finished high school and college, gotten married and have had two children (with one more on the way), I am thinking more and more about all the things that he is not here for, especially getting to know my son-his namesake. Has anyone else found that time has not healed but made the grief worse? Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:58 pm 
user

Hello Kathy. Yes, I think that when we lose a parent the reality sinks in over time. My dad died in March of 1989. It was such a relief that he wasn't in pain anymore that I was sort of numb to the loss for years. Then it hit me and I cried for days. I had a daughter who looked like him and me about 15 months after he died and I wanted him to know. It hurt that he would never see her and that she would never know him. I share memories of him with her and that makes me feel closer to him. I have come to believe that he knows what is going on in our lives and watches over us. That helps, but I do miss him.
God bless.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Still Missing My Daddy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 am 
user

Kathy, I m so sorry for your dad and I understand your feelings. I found that time heals all wounds, its true. I lost my uncle 3years ago and I love him so much. Its really hurt me but time passing on and grief comes decrease. Death is painful but its the law of nature.
My prayers and condolences for you.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

condolence message

Offline Profile