It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: If Only I knew It Would Be This Bad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 pm 
new user

I just lost my mother on the 11th. Yes, 09/11/08. We actually removed her from life support thinking it would be days before she would pass and she had suffered long enough. They actually removed the life support at 2:20 p.m. and the doctor pronounced her dead at 2:27 so at least she did not suffer much more.

I know it has only been a short time but I feel like it will never get any easier. I love my mother so much. I was always there to take care of her. I always took her to her doctor's appointments. She was only 55. My father passed away in 1985 from a massive heart attack. He was only 35.

I feel so abandoned and alone. I do have 2 sisters but they live a few hours away. I am married and have kids but their love is just not the same. I am only 35 years old. My boys are 14 and 12. My husband tries to help me but he isn't doing to well handling this himself plus his father has cancer and has been in and out of the hospital several times in the last few months. His mother died in 1987 following a car accident. Our kids know nothing but death and are scared that we are going to die and leave them alone. I am not handling this well and neither are my kids. Any suggestions????

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: If Only I knew It Would Be This Bad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm 
user

Dear Stacie Lynn, I wish that I had a magic wand and could take all of your pain away. Unfortunately I don't. Just know that there are others here who understand how you are feeling and who will be here for you. Also, your sisters are probably feeling much the same as you do. So, be sure to be there for each other. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:22 am 
new user

Stacielynn,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I too have lost my mother very recently. She passed on July 27th 2008. She was 68 still way too young to go. She was diagnosed with Cancer in January of this year she had drastic surgery in February, they said they thought they got it all. She had a very hard time of it. It was Throat Cancer. We got Seven months with her. She was in and out of the hospital in that time and I was by her side for most of it. I am the only girl with 5 brothers. Men seem to deal with illness much differently than we do. We were very close. I am working through the pain myself and fell like sometimes I will go nuts, but everyone keeps reassuring me that it gets better. I find that hard to believe now. Some days are better than others.
We enlisted Hospice to help in the final week. They were wonderful. I am going to go to a grief counciling group sponsored by hospice. I hope it will help me, maybe you can find something like that where you are. I'm sorry that I don't have answers for you. I think that talking about it and getting your feelings out about it really helps. I have children too. Two boys, or should I say men, one 19 and one 22 and my husband too tries to help but, again, men deal with emotions differently that women do. I guess you understand what its like to be the only female in the house. My oldest is in Afganistan and is a newlywed with thier first child on the way. His wife is in Tampa. My youngest is in college here in IL. Life goes on huh? Just try to remember not to shut out the ones you love. They hurt when you hurt. Even if they aren't sure how to show it. I don't know if this helps at all, but just know that you aren't alone. If you ever need to vent, let me know. I wish I could tell you things would be all better soon, but its going to take time. Hang in there. Take care of you! Cathy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 am 
user

Stacielynn,
First, I feel so sorry for your mother and its really difficult time for you. We needs our parents because they are very important for us and difficult to forget. Our hopes come decrease without our parents.
Loss of parent is really bad. My friend lost her mother last year and she really hurted from it. I pray to God for you. please accept my condolences.

condolence message

Offline Profile