It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I lost my parents 7 1/2 hours apart!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:40 pm 
new user

Hi, I lost my mom on Novemer 3, 2009 at 10:30 pm from COPD and then next morning we lost our step-dad Glen from a heart attack at 6:00 am. I have been basically numb until the last few days. I am finally able to cry a little. Mom had been suffering with her disease for the past 12 yrs. She had been in the hospital every 2 weeks for the past 2-3 months and her doctor told us she was dying. I am so glad she is not suffering any more but I miss her like crazy. I am trying to cope and figure out where I go from here.

Dad knew mom had died. He had been in a different hospital at the same time mom was in but told his doctors he was feeling better and wanted to go home. When the neighbor called to tell me to get back over to the house that dad had died my first reaction was that he shot his self not wanting to live but we found out that the paramedics thought he had a hear attack...which was what he was in the hospital for in the first place. The funeral director said he had never heard in his 50 years of experience a husband and wife passing so close in time without it being something like a car accident. We tell everyone that they just wanted to be together!

I keep looking back on everything trying to put the pieces together of what happened when. I was up for 3 days with only 4 hours of sleep and I was so exhausted that I am not sure of the sequence of things. I find myself wishing I could go back and be there with her again but alert. I sat there with her holding her hand telling her how much I loved her and how important and great I thought she was and how thankful I was to have her as my mother. I just miss my mom and dad!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I lost my parents 7 1/2 hours apart!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:49 pm 
new user

I am so sorry for your loss. What a devastating ordeal for you. I loss my dad to pancreatic cancer on the 9th of December and my worse fear was my mom taking my dad's prescription pain medicine and not continue with her life. She would not let me destroy the medicine and is still in her house. My parents were married 35 years and had a wonderful life together. I pray every day she finds the strength to continue and not to do something stupid.
Your dad was probably heart broken, stress will do so much to a body. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through right now. But find comfort that they are together again and this time without pain or suffering.
Keep the memories close to your heart.
I light a candle on special days or days that I just can't seem to get my dad off my mind, I have a candle next to a photo of him and my locket with his ash.
I wish you peace and comfort in your days ahead, Dana

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 am 
new user

hey guys... Im sorry for both of your losses.... I lost my Dad on Sept 13 of 09...... nothing anyone has told me makes me feel any better. maybe it makes me feel worse.We found out in March of last year he had cancer it was stage 5 when they found it, and he fought as much as he could he.i only lived 5 1/2 months after we found out...All i could tell him is its going to be ok and your gonna get better. I could not tell him GoodBye. The last couple of days he was in the Hospital I would not tell him its ok.. I couldnt... The last day when we got there I knew I had too not 20 mins later he took his last breath.... Im asking for your help.... All i do is go to work and come home.. on my days off all i do is lay in bed all day and watch TV.... I dont talk to me friends anymore.. I have pushed most peopl ein my life away...I dont know what to do to change this... When I make plans to go do something I never go.... I honestly dont know how to deal with this.... Im 28 years old and i want my DADDY back....

thanks Leslie
feel free to email me if you wish..... (that gies to anyone)
les.oshields@yahoo.com
or if you have facebook please find me...
Leslie O'Shields from MIssissippi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:42 pm 
new user

I lost my mom to a brain Aneurysm in 2009 it was very hard to deal with it because she was in ILL. and I was in Rhode Island and I didn't get to say goodbye to her. it is hard for me to write this because her birthday is only 2 days away. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and dad. love jenni

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:27 pm 
new user

Sorry for your loss. I can somewhat relate see I lost both my parents less than 30 days apart
your story sounds like mine I tell everyone that I was numb during that time my mother passed away from heart failure and my father from cancer. They had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and restated their vows to one another. Me and my siblings find comfort in knowing they're together but what a devastating time it was for us. The hurt is still there.
Lisa

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 am 
user

I feel very sorry for loss. I pray to The God for keeping their souls in peace. I also pray for your family's good health

Offline Profile