It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I need help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 pm 
new user

My parents and I weren't always on the greatest terms. I lost my brother in 2004. My mother passed away March of 2008. On her deathbed she made me promise to take care of my dad. It's been almost 2 years and I can't seem to get over it. I miss her so much! I can remember when both my parents lost their parents. They seemed to be so strong. I seem to lose it at times when I wish I wouldn't. I moved in to take care of my dad and lost him in May of 2009. When will the tears stop? I just can't deal any more. I'm just now realizing that I should be further on in life with them being gone. I've taken their deaths harder then I ever realized. I can't seem to concentraite on life or things I must get done. My house is a mess. I've gotten a bit bitter with life. I just want to hold her and tell them both how much I really love them. When will the tears stop?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I need help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm 
new user

i am so very sorry for your loss.i lost my dad in 2006 and my mom in 2008. the tears never really stop. they just slow down some. i can be driving down the road and hear a song. and they start coming. u just take one step at a time. it helps if u have some one u can talk to. if not for my husband and kids. i probably would not be here today. talk to some one. go to church. ask god to help. i did. and it helps a great deal. my prayers and thoughts are with you. if u ever need to talk. i am here. god bless you. norma n.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I need help
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm 
new user

I agree, it doesn't really stop. It just lifts a bit over time. You've known these people for so many years, and their passing is not going to be easy to get through. Honestly, I don't think you ever get over it, you just learn how the world is without these people in your life. Talk to someone, listen to a song that reminds you and cry your eyes out. You don't have to "be strong," just take time for yourself and mourn.

Offline Profile