It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I lost my mom 2 weeks ago, depressed
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm 
new user

I was the last person the family called to tell me my mom passed away. I was the only child.
My dad came home from work and found her laying in bed, they said she had a massive heart attack she was 43 years old, i'm 26. She came down my house the night before perfectly fine she was playing with her grandchildren. It just came as a shock to us all.
It really hasn't hit me until the past couple of days, i have caught myself wanting to call her and tell her all the little things that the kids are doing. I miss her so much she was my best friend my only friend. I feel like my family is fading away, i lost my grandpa 2 years ago and my grandmother is in the hospital right now. I go through the day so depressed i feel like not getting out of the bed, the only thing that keeps me moving is my children, when well this pass i know i can't bring her back i want my life back for my husband and children. Does anyone have any advise?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I lost my mom 2 weeks ago, depressed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:41 pm 
new user

Hi,
I lost my Mom in 2003 and my Sister in 2004. My advice for you is to find a local support group and attend. Search for grief support groups in your area. Sometimes hospitals have them. I attended one in the beginning and would not be where I am without that group.
Sending you peace,
Tina

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:16 am 
new user

Hello,
I relate to what you are going through also and my thoughts and prayers go out to you. My mom was my best friend, we talked all the time and did everything together. On June 12, 2010 she went unconcious in my arms at her grandsons baseball game and died 2 weeks later in the hospital. She was only 63 and I am 30. She had no health problems and it was a sudden shock to everyone. I find myself so depressed not wanting to even get out of bed. I have two kids and that is the only reason I do get up everyday. I find it so hard to even think of how to feel happy and normal again as I feel so hurt and empty right now. I have no clue how to get my life back either. I am thinking of joining a local support group or seeking counseling. I hope you can eventually find some peace with your loss.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 am 
new user

Hi there.. I lost my mom 2 nights ago to cancer.. She was also my best friend and i can say im having a hard time, wanting to stay in bed all the time but like everyone else i also have children, my mother wanted me to be strong when she was gone for them and I am trying to do the things I need to.. the viewing is tomorrow and i know im going to just fall apart. I love her so much, i just want her back so bad but she was in alot of pain and it was so hard to not beg her not to go when she was dying, i was there at her bedside when she passed.. and was able to tell her goodbye and tell her how much I loved her.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm 
new user

SO SORRY TO HERE THAT. I LOST MY MOM A YEAR AGO. I WAS THE FIRST BORN AND I WAS THE LAST ONE TO KNOW. IT HAPPENED ON EASTER. I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SAY GOOD BYE. I MISS HER SO MUCH.

Offline Profile