It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Introcution
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:57 pm 
user

I'm Crystal, my fiance (Melody's daddy) is Sonny. We have 4 other children between us. Jake, his 7 year old son from a previous marriage, Jarred & Landon (almost 12 & 4) my boys from a previous marriage and Alanna (pronounced Uh-la-nuh) my 1 year old from when Sonny and I split up last year (long story and if u really wanna know, just ask and you can read about it in my blog on myspace) I will start with my mom. She was my best friend. She found out at the end of Sept. 2004 (she was 47 at the time) that she had cervical cancer. She was bleeding to the point of having to be hospitalized and had a blood transfusion. I was devastated. She started chemo (the kind that doesn't make you lose your hair) and things were looking good. At the end of that course of chemo instead of doing a hysterectomy that was planned since the tumor had shrunk considerably the radiologist (damn him) wanted to do implants to try to get rid of the tumor completely. Well my mom agreed. During her chemo time she was sometimes tired and lost some weight but was mostly the mom I had always known. She still took all her kids & grandkids out every Friday night for pizza or McDonalds. Once they started the implants she was never the same. She was in pain all the time and the last one they did was around her 48th birthday (June 30th 2005), if I remember correctly. She was seeing pain consultants because she was in so much pain. It was terrible. Melody was her first grand daughter (after a total of 6 grandsons) and she got to see her in the NICU before I ever got to see her even though she was in a lot of pain she still came to the hospital. (Melody was 6 weeks early, I had her in the ambulance in the parking lot of the hospital without pain meds and it was FUN! LOL I wouldn't change it for anything, though) So Melody was born July 23rd 2005. Mom loved her but she couldn't hardly hold her or anything because she was in so much pain. I called the nurses at the Cancer Center and was told that the cancer had spread to mom's spine and they needed her to come in. My aunt (who was right next door) couldn't get her to go so I drove the hour and 15 minutes to make her get in the car with me and go. I didn't tell her they would admit her, I knew she wouldn't go and we'd have to force her and I didn't want that. So with tears in my eyes I begged her to please let me take her to the hospital. She never asked if she would be admitted until we were almost at the hospital and I wouldn't lie to her so I told her they said she probably would. She was in the hospital for the weekend. She and my daddy decided they didn't want her going thru any more pain. No radiation, no chemo. So mom was sent home with a hospital bed, morphine drip in her stomach that we had to push ever 30 minutes and nurses that would come visit. She did well for a few weeks. We took Melody to see her just before Thanksgiving and I finally got pics of them together (the only ones I would ever have it turns out). She made it thru Thanksgiving but on November 30th I got a phone call from my cousin saying that mom was in bad shape and I needed to come. So I grabbed my video and digital cameras, arranged for other ppl to watch the kids and took off to my hometown. She knew who I was. She could barely talk, it was more a whisper. She tried to write but got frustrated at the pen. It was terrible. Everyone came around at some point or another that day. I made plans to stay there that night because I knew the end was very near. Mom passed away at noon the next day (December 1, 2005) at 48 years old. I was asleep in her and my daddy's bed when my aunt came, woke me up and told me she was gone. I went to her, she was in no more pain, I laid on top of her and cried and talked to her and eventually fell asleep and they left me there with her for several hours. Everyone (even my brothers) said leave her alone (some of the extended family thought it was inappropriate or something, I dunno) but when the nurses thought I need to be get up cuz the hearse was almost there they woke me gently and explained that they would be taking mom away soon. I thought I would never feel such awful pain ever in my life...then there came February 9, 2007. For this story I am going to link to my blog on myspace so I don't have to relive and retype it all over again, I hope you don't mind.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =235963858

Melody's Websites
http://melodystarralexander.last-memories.com
http://melodystarralexander.tripod.com/
http://www.funeralplan2.com/farrarfuner ... e?id=88962

Offline Profile