It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: losing my dad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 am 
new user

I lost my father very suddenly 2 1/2 months ago. we knew something wasn't quite right with him,being forgetful acting strangely (for him) crying,being emotional and needing almost constant reassurance from my mother,he was only 52 years old.always relatively healthy,he had been to our local clinic with his symptoms and was put on anti depressants my mother urged them complaining something else was wrong and she needed them to take it seriously..they dismissed her time and time again,

august 2nd my mom called very upset because my father had needed help in the bathroom and things were not going well.we took him to the emergency room.i honestly thought he had maybe had a stroke or something.never in my life guessing it was something life threatening.he had and mri and cat scan done and it was immediately determined he had a huge tumor on his brain.they were planning to life flight him to prove hospital to see a neurosurgeon.shortly after they decided to send him by ambulance again it seemed like ok its not so serious if he's going by ambulance,

next step after seeing the doctor was surgery.the doc explained that they would not be able to get all of it doing surgery so there would be chemo afterwards...

long road ahead of us but as long as we have dad its all ok-they took him down to prep for surgery and the doc asked me and mom to follow him into a different room..it was then he told us surgery was no longer an option and he doesnt have long to live.we were told he had 6 weeks or less to live.....he fell into a coma shortly after and on august 4th at 9:10 pm my dad took his last breath,

im so confused and hateful...why didn't the clinic do as they should of and suggest we take him to someone else.why didn't we clue in to how serious things were?why didn't i spend more time with him while i had the chance

when will the pain go away?
when will i be able to close my eyes and not see my dad in the hospital room wasting away to nothing..it all happened to quickly...why my dad? why him? he was the rock that held our family together
i miss my dad so so much

im sorry for rambling i guess i just needed to get it out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: losing my dad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:46 am 
new user

guess this was the wrong place to grieve thanks for the support :/

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: losing my dad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 am 
user

I feel so sorry for losing your dad. I pray may God keep his soul in peace. I also pray for your good health.

Offline Profile