It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Wecome to Loss of Parent forum
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:40 pm 
user

Hello and welcome. I am the new Moderator of this forum. I thought I would start by telling you a little about myself, and some ideas I have for making this forum work to serve your needs.

My Name is Lucy Carter. I live in Portland,Or. My most recent loss was the death of my daughter, Laura in July. I lost my father on 3/29/1989. He was 66 years old and died from cancer. I was so relieved that he was no longer in pain that it took almost 3 years before I could cry and grieve for him. I felt guilty for grieving because it made me feel like I was being selfish. The loss of my daughter brings back the feelings of loss for my father. The pain is not as acute, but it is still there after all these years.

I would like to make this forum to be as interactive as possible. I would like to know what topics you would like addressed. I would like you all to feel that this is a safe place to share your grief, your memories, and get support from others.

I want all ages to feel welcome here. Some of us were adults when we lost our parent(s). Some were/are teenagers. And some were/are children. All are welcome and will find a safe haven here.

Please feel free to post ideas, concerns, needs, or just to vent.
We are all suffering and we are here to help each other.
God bless.
Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile