It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Malachi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am 
new user

I lost my brother Malachi, February 10th, 2009. I still remember everything that happened that day and the day before it happened like it was yesterday.

I remember being in the bedroom when his fiancée rang the doorbell. It wasn't the first time she'd rang the bell. I thought it was him to tell the truth, I had looked at the clock and it was about time that he got off work, so I sprang up and bolted to the door.

When I looked out I seen Jennifer his fiancée, and then two more unfamiliar faces. I thought to myself. That's odd, I've never seen these people before. I didn't care though, I opened the door and let them in. When they came in I asked, "Where's Malachi!?" I was excited, heh Malachi was my little brother, and we always had a great time together.

"Malachi's been in an accident." Jennifer said, with sadness in her voice. "What!? Is he alright, where is he?" I asked frantically. Jennifer teared up and said, "He's dead honey." At that moment I broke down and cried, "GOD NO!!! WHY!? WHY!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ME INSTEAD!? IT SHOULD OF BEEN ME, IT SHOULD OF BEEN ME, NOT HIM GOD, PLEASE, PLEASE GOD, PLEASE TAKE ME INSTEAD, PLEASE LET HIM LIVE AND TAKE ME!!! Please... Please... Please... Please... Please take me and let him live God, please, please please."

We were 300 miles from my mom and youngest brother Jonathan when it happened. Malachi's phone kept ringing, people had some how heard before I had and kept calling, I turned off his phone because I wanted to tell my mom in person what had happened.

We went to Tuttle, Oklahoma to get my brother's truck that was still at his job site. We had to goto the Police station in Tuttle though first, and give them some information. When we did, Jennifer had told me mom had left her a voicemail on her phone. I listened to it, and there was desperation in her voice, "Please call me!? I heard there was a tornado and that I lost both Malachi and Elijah in it! Please call me and let me know what's going on, please!?"

Distraught, I didn't know what to do, so I finally decided to call my mom. I called her from the Police station in Tuttle. "Is mom there? I need to speak to my mom, please?" I said with immense grief resting upon my heart. "Hello!? Hello son, is that you!?" She asked frantically. "Mom, are you standing up?" I asked her. "Yes son, why?" She retorted. "Mom you need to sit down, please mom will you sit down?" I beckoned with her over the phone. "Why? Why do I need to sit down?" She returned. "Mom you need to sit down, just sit down please?" I went on. "Alright son, alright. I'm sitting down, now what's going on, what happened?!?" She exclaimed. "Mom, it's Malachi, he was in an accident at work and he's with Jesus now." I explained between the sobs. She roared on the other end, "GOD NO! PLEASE NO!" She continued on incoherently.

After that it started to rain, not just any rain. It was so thick that I could hardly see in front of me. We got in Malachi's truck and drove 287 miles to my mom's house. When we'd finally got there, there was a mass of people already at her house and when I parked the truck got swarmed. Friends and loved ones. One of them was muscular and built somewhat like my brother from behind, and I started to cry again. I thought it was Malachi.

This year has been an emotional roller coaster, for the first few months I would just cry, every day. Some I would be angry and scream, just cry out at the top of my lungs furiously. Now I don't cry like I did, but somedays it just hit's me and I still cry. I'm still in disbelief too. Six months before my brother passed he was in Iraq, serving for our country. He served over there and came back with out a scave on his body one.

Sometimes it just feels like he's still over there and he's going to come home. Or when I think about it it hits me. My brother's not coming back home, he's already been here. He's gone. And then I get sad again.

Offline Profile