It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Going crazy without my brother
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 pm 
new user

My brother passed away in a car crash 10 months ago on 4/20 because him and his friends were all high. He was only 15 years old. For awhile things were okay. I missed him but I tried to keep on going because that's what he'd want but I'm spiralling downward. I have nightmares of the crash almost every night to the point that I am terrified to fall asleep. If I'm not keeping myself busy all I think about is him. Some days are better than others and I just can't shake this feeling. I feel so angry with him because he shouldn't of smoked, but at the same time i feel guilty for not stopping him. I don't know what to do, I'm going crazy. :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Going crazy without my brother
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 pm 
new user

I can totally relate to you!! I lost my brother in a motercycle accident 3 years ago and the best way i could stay sain was to forget it never happened. I did that for over 2 years because it was easier. He drank and drove all the time and no one ever stopped him, I am finally to a point where i realise i will never see him again and it breaks my heart everyday. I think the hardest part is finding some to talk to because I personally feel like no one knows what we as siblings go through. He was 21 years old when he passed and i was 20. It is absollutly the hardest thing we will ever go through!! I am the same as you though, if i am busy i am fine but the second i am alone and by myself it hits me so hard i will hyperventalate. I obsess about car accidents, everytime i am driving that all i can think about is dying in a accident. I still have no idea what to do myself so i cannot offer you advise, the only thing i can say is that i understand where what you feel!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 am 
user

Ladies I'm so sorry for the deaths of your brothers. It's terrible that they had to die so young. The only advice I can offer is to tell you to keep doing what you're doing now...talk talk and talk more. I know that if you push the grief down it will only resurface...grief has to be faced. I know it's hard...I have 3 sons in Heaven and I've not only had to grieve for them but I've had to see thier brother and sisters grieve. And lean on the Lord...he's the only one that can really give us an comfort.
Sending you both gentle hugs, Cindy

http://bjoutlawii.memory-of.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:04 am 
new user

My brother was killed in a jeeping accident out in the desert in SoCal 3 months ago. He had been drinking. I feel your hurt so strongly right now because ours is so fresh in our lives. They say it will never stop hurting but it will get easier. We'll see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:03 pm 
new user

Hello! I definitely can relate! I lost my little brother just over 2 months ago. He was killed in East Oakland! He was on his way to work just before 2am and was broadsided in his suburban by a young punk who was fleeing from the California Highway Patrol! The suspect struck my brother at almost 100mph. My brother's suburban went flying more then 100ft. He was killed instantly! What a senseless selfish act. My life has been turned upside down! I miss my Brother dearly!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/25632563/detail.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm 
new user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JIr9Qy_II

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:28 am 
user

I feel very sorry for your loss. God Bless you and your family.

Offline Profile