It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New To Forum...I recently lost my sister
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:27 pm 
new user

Hi, my name is Suzanne. My sister Nicole was killed in a motorcycle accident on June 5, 2010. To make matters worse, the man driving was intoxicated.

There are many feelings I am experiencing but the strongest one is emptiness! I feel lost without her! I am 36 and she was 28. She relocated with me and my family from NJ to NC 4 years ago and lived with us for over a year. She was a second mother to my 3 sons. She was my best friend.

I am fortunate to have a close family but they all still reside in NJ. I have 2 other sisters and a brother along with my parents. Nicole was such an outgoing, beautiful individual...inside and out!!!

I find that I feel a bit better when I talk to others about how I am feeling and that is why I am reaching out here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New To Forum...I recently lost my sister
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:35 pm 
new user

Hi Suzanne,
I lost my sister in 2004, she was my best friend. When she died I lived in another state and also had the support of my other sisters but I needed more. I found a local support group and I gathered so much strength from attending that group. It helped me deal with the confusing emotions that I felt. I suggest checking into your area for grief support groups. You might have to dig a bit but they are out there. Don't feel like you have to speak when you attend, at our group there were those that needed to tell their stories and those that drew comfort from listening. Do what is right for you.
Sending you peace,
Tina

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New To Forum...I recently lost my sister
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:37 am 
user

I feel very sorry for your loss. God bless you and your families and keep departed soul in peace.

Offline Profile