It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:04 pm 
user

I want to say Welcome to everyone who will be joining/posting in this new forum! I hope to make some new friends here, and I hope we can all help each other out. I am here to listen to anyone who needs to talk.

I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Andrea (Drea) and I lost my sister-in-law July 19, 2007 in a car crash. She is not my direct sister, but I have known her for 9 years. She is the oldest of 7, and I am the oldest of 3. She was MY first big sis, and she helped me out a lot when I was younger. She was always there for me. I truly feel like I lost my own sister. I am on a roller coaster of emotions about everything. I couldn't stop crying for the first 3 or 4 days, then I was angry. It has gone back and forth. It's to the point now where I feel I have no tears left. I haven't cried in awhile. Just knowing she's gone makes me miss her more everyday. She gave her younger brother (my husband Andy) and I a WONDERFUL vacation to Guadalajara, Mexico as our wedding gift. We took the trip this April just 3 months before she passed. I have memories of Mexico because of her. I will always remember her for how much she cared about everyone. She always put others first... and that is part of the reason she is no longer with us.

A sibling is different than a parent. They are like your crutch. That's how I feel. A bit wobbly without my crutches. They hold you up different than a parent. If I have something come up and need advice, I would call Laura. She was always FULL of advice or suggestions. She saw things my way. We are both quick to jump at situations, and strong headed. She really understood me.

There, my tears have returned. :'(

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile