It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:20 am 
user

Dreams can be very frightening. They can also be very peaceful and take you away to a world without worries. Some of us have more than one dream a night while some of us don't have any. What are your thoughts on dreams?

How have your dreams (or dreaming patterns) changed since you lost your loved one?

Have you had any dreams with your brother or sister in them?

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Last edited by Drea on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:28 pm 
new user

I haven't dreamed about Laura at all. I hope to soon. I miss her so much. My dreams seem to be weirder since July. I am definitely more emotional in my dreams now. I seem to be remembering more of my dreams now but that's mostly due to the fact that I don't sleep that well since she has passed. I dream crazy stuff.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:41 am 
user

I remember very clearly dreaming I was drowning the night we found out about Laura. I was still in shock from my best friend's little brother drowning 16 days before Laura died. I am terrified of water, and Elliott's death haunted me every night.

I was standing in front of a pool of water (Elliott died in the ocean, not a chlorinated pool). It just stopped like there was a glass wall between me and the water, only there wasn't because I could stick my hand through the invisible wall and touch the water. It was at least 3x my height. I could see dead people floating around inside, and still I walked in and let myself drown. :/

It wasn't until Laura's service in Kansas where I dreamed I was sitting in Laura's seat in her car driving down the same road her and Jimmy were. I didn't see Jimmy next to me, I couldn't see myself. I just remember looking out the window and seeing the stop sign approaching. I knew a dump truck was coming from my right. I just closed my eyes and let it happen. I could hear the crash though. After the crash I remember waking up gently, but I could never open my eyes. I didn't want to see what I looked like, even though it was just a dream.

I had that dream a few times. I don't know what it means to just sit there and let the crash happen. KNOWING the result. Why didn't I warn Jimmy sitting next to me? Why did I peacefully close my eyes and rest my head back on the headrest so calmly?

Why did I give up in both these dreams? Neither one of these people wanted to die. Neither one of them was ready. I'll never know. :(

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:25 pm 
new user

I dont even know how to respond to that. That would scare the crap out of me if I dreamed that. I'm so sorry Andrea.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 am 
new user

My oldest sister passed away March 10, 2009. It has been very hard on me. When she passed, we had not spoken in about 4 years. She said things and I said things that led to this. I tried in January to get in touch with her to make things right, afraid something like this would happen. I didn't find out she passed until 3 days later. I was hit with a great deal of guilt and regret. I loved her and missed her before she left us, now I will never be able to tell her. For months the guilt and regret plagued me then one night, around June I think, I had a dream. In the dream she was there and i went to her crying and asking for her forgiveness and I told her I loved her. She took me in her arms and held me tight while I was crying and told me it was ok, that she forgave me and that she loved me to. In my mind I want to think it was her spirit reaching out to me through my dreams. Could that be?

Offline Profile