It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Stupid comments - Vent.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:25 am 
user

"I had to work this morning. My coworker's grandfather picked a very inconvenient time to die. I know that sounds horrible, but I'm feeling horrible, so I'm entitled."

This is a quote from someone who supposedly is my FRIEND. This is the same "friend" who also said "Waaaa life is bad. My friend's little brother died, my other friend's oldest sister died, and worst of all - my friend's CAT died. Waaa woe is me I love cats."

Yeah, it sucks you lost your cat. In fact I LOVE cats, but NOTHING compares to losing a sibling, or grandparent.

I can't believe how selfish and heartless she is!! Slap me and tell me she really said that??

It seems death is all around me. I share an office with a man who just lost a close cousin in a car accident. She was on the way to her husband's father's funeral with her husband and two teenage daughters in the car. She did a california-stop and didn't see a big truck coming pulling an excavator. Needless to say.. she didn't make it. Almost simlar to Laura's accident. Except Jimmy never even tried to stop.

http://www.kptv.com/news/14516368/detail.html

The father is okay and out of the hospital. The two daughters were in critical condition in the hospital. One has a skull fracture but they can't do surgery because her brain is still too swollen. She also has a shattered pelvis and I'm not sure what they are going to do about that. The other has broken ribs, broken elbow, and badly broken femur. She will be released before her sister. The worst part? There is NO health insurance for any of them. It's just so sad. :(

Anyway, sharing an office with this man arranging everything for his cousin, trying to be there for the rest of the family.. hearing all of it is too familiar. I find excuses to leave the room over and over so I don't have to hear it. I don't know what to say to him.

Anyway, my blood is still boiling over reading the comment posted above. I am simply flabbergasted. :x :x :x

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Last edited by Drea on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:42 pm 
user

Drea, I miss you so much. This sucks. When I'm here with Mary and family I miss you and Andy. When I'm in Oregon, I miss Mary and family. Wish I was rich so I could buy a big old piece of property and move everyone to it, but all live in our own houses. Sort of a Carter/Osborne family compound. Call me anytime. I actually get a signal sometimes.

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:54 pm 
user

Heather's manager told us he'd have an answer by Friday (2 days ago) if they were selling or not. Well Friday he says he needs another two weeks and he's almost certain they ARE selling. That's the worst answer! Should we wait another two weeks and see? What if he makes us wait more? Should we just forget it and find another place? This has been a NIGHTMARE. I HATE where I live and dread going home. I don't want to move during the holidays. I want to get it over with now. This has consumed all our free time and leaves us exhausted. :(

When Mary, Frank and the kids move here we will all be close. :)

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile