It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: How do you ever get back to being you?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 pm 
new user

How do ever find yourself again after loosing someone you loved so much, My husband got killed after loosing control of his motorcycle on black ice on his way to work and would have been fine but a Dodge Ram came and hit him and tore his body beyoung regonition, Never got to tell him bye, never one last kiss, one last hug. I feel so mad sometimes because I didnt get up with him that morning but I was so sick and he didn't wake me. I heard him leave and got up, but he was already gone. It has been a little over 3 years, but I cant find me again, I was his wife for 15 years, I was Sleepy's wife and now I dont know who I am.
:?: Pam

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: How do you ever get back to being you?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:55 pm 
new user

Pam my name is Brinda,
I understand how you feel! Just recently My fiancee died from a motercycle wreck due to later from internal bleeding. I'm without words! But if you ever need to talk let me know. I'll leave you with my personal email address got_baby_blues_37@yahoo.com
Brinda Davis ... GOD BLESS SWEETIE! :) I LOST MY FIRST BORN CHILD TO CANCER YEARS AGO! YOU NEVER STAY THE SAME, BUT YOU SOMEHOW LEARN TO GO ON! IT ISN'T EASY AT ALL! MY FIANCEE GARY WAS MY ROCK! He too was suffering a great loss right before he passed away, his brother died! I'm hoping we can help each other in our difficult time of confusion and grief. We have almost the same in commen...
Please let me know anytime...
Your Friend, Brinda xoxo :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 am 
new user

:cry: I am so sorry for your loss also, I try to say I'm going to go out and find someone else and I have dated twice but they are not him and my heart just can't seem to let anyone in, I guess I am looking for him in everyone I see and there is no other like him, but my daughter she was his Biker baby and buddy, she is so much like him, it is a daily thing for her to remind me of him in her smile or her attitude, she has just started really grieving for him and I have had to have her put on meds and therapy, there is no money for me to go to therapy, and she is so much more important than me right now. I wrote your e-mail down and will add it to my address book, my is confederaterose@charter.net. Thank you so much for your words, there are alot of us out there that have lost our loved ones to motorcycle wrecks, it is sad but it is the truth. I am so angry at the man that ran over him because I believe he would have survived if the guy behind him could have gotten him out of the road. I just sit and cry most of the time because I never thought I would be so lost without someone in my life, but he was mine but I guess God needed a Marine in heaven to play taps for all our military coming home to him. I will talk to you soon, God Bless you for finding me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 am 
new user

Here's some poems keep scrolling down there's big spaces between them...lol. I tried emailing you but it wouldn't work...I'm so happy we met and have a chance to communicate :!:

:D xoxo Brinda xoxo :mrgreen:

Love is...
something your mind is predetermined to believe
and something your heart desires to feel
something unexperienced by others
but also felt by and experienced by others
whose feeling and thoughts about love is real

that the two souls are
to make a commitment

love saying that you've been blessed with someone truly special
who was blessed & sent down to you from the heavens above
you share the tears
you share the joy
love is what you believe it to be
and what your heart desires to feel

Love is

I walk along this lonely beach as I dream of you~Your love is a wave of peace... washing over me,Your love is a dream come true...Your being is made for me~As mine is made for you...We are one and the same~Me and you...It was our destiny to meet...Two pieces of a puzzle fitted together~To make our life complete~
Written by; Lady Barb and Lady Shara
Wishing you a romantic evening my friend.
Love and Hugs,
Lady Barb
My friend wrote this, thank you Barb!
---------------------------------------------
These days I feel, pretty lonely
Missin’ you has really, got me down
Thoughts of you, just come to, me
I get lost in every one that comes around

Now, I pray everyday, for answers
Some way to understand, it’s just hard
I guess I’ll never see, why you were taken from me
So young, and full of love inside your heart

I can’t let go these memories of you
Hopin’ I might wake, from a real bad dream come true
I just can’t stop my mind, from lookin’ behind
And, I’m not sure at all what I’ll do
I just can’t let go - these memories of you

I remember we were taught, back as children
How God works in mysterious ways
So, I know a higher purpose was your leavin’
But, that's all, that gets me through each day

I finally made ‘em close, that highway
And, fix that broken rail that brought your end
A sign now on the side, tells everyone goes by
Right here the world lost, a lovin’ friend

No, I can’t let go these memories of you
I just can’t let go - these mem’ries of you

From the moment of your birth
So many hearts you seemed to touch
Each one a little better because of you
Now, there’s no one here on earth
Who will miss you quite as much
As every single one you ever knew

I can’t let go these memories of you
I just can’t let go - these mem’ries of you
No, I just can’t let go, these mem’ries of you

-------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Have you a new sheet for me,
dear teacher?
I've spoiled this one."
I took his sheet,
all soiled and blotted
And gave him a new one
all unspotted.
And into his tired heart
I cried,
"Do better now, my child."
I went to the throne
with a trembling heart,
The day was done.
"Have you a new day for me,
dear Master?
I've spoiled this one."
He took my day,
all soiled and blotted
And gave me a new one
all unspotted.
And into my tired heart
he cried,
"Do better now,
my child."
-Author unknown.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lamentations 3:22-23 -
"Through the LORD’s mercies
we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness."
God is forever faithful
and always patient with us.
Every day we receive
mercy from the Lord,
and just like the poem
God says,
"Do better now,
my child"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We thought of you with love today,
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
We often speak your name;
All we have now are memories,
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
With which we will never part;
GOD has you in his keep,
We have you in our heart.
It broke our heart to lose you.
But you didn't go alone,
For a part of us went with you...
The day GOD took you home

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
by PleaseStopMyTears

Hearts have been compared,
Lives have been torn and broken,
Some hearts have been repaired,
Lives are the words that are yet to be spoken.

There's a little switch in our minds and souls,
With one switch off to make it trigger,
It makes us wish to give up and go,
It takes a little something or a certain figure.

There's a little something deep within our hearts,
It can not be felt by others, seen or even heard,
Deep inside there's something that will tear us apart,
It works with a finger, a punch or a simple word.

There's a little something deep inside our brains,
We know which way could be easier but we take it hard,
In a way no matter what they say we are all the same,
We may take different routes but we land on the same boulevard.

There's a little something deep within us all,
It may be alot or even one simple thing underground,
With one of something it could make us fall,
No matter what they say, below us all we have a well known frown.

There's just one thing i'd like to say,
One little something i'd like to know,
When something tough gets in the way,
Where on earth do broken hearts go?

---------------------------------------------

-------------------
by Bilal anaim

You asked me
if I wanted you to go
Well I can tell you now
the answer is no
Like I always said
and it's true with you
I found someone
who accepts me as I am
Yet helps me become
a better more fulfilled person
You wanted to hear all of
my dreams, hopes, and pains
Although I am reluctant
now because of past thoughts
written to open this place to him
Pain is a feeling that I have felt
all too many times before
so many times through out my life
My thoughts spun round
While my hands idle they stay
Emotions are dormant
And the whole time
I say I'm okay
Change is an avoided element
Though unavoidable change
is shown to be
Tears don't flow much
during the drought
and frustrated by efforts
that never came to be

=================

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:07 am 
new user

To love and win is the best thing.
To love and lose, the next best....................................................................................................................
Tears may be dried up, but the heart—never.............................................................................................
You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful ....................................................................................
things happen to you ...................................................................................................................................
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ............................................................................................
To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is ............
strength undefeatable .................................................................................................................................
That's the thing about love and romance— ................................................................................................
no one can predict where it will take you. .................................................................................................
Love will fill your heart, break your heart and then heal the heart that's broken .
One makes mistakes; that is life.................................................................................................................
But it is never a mistake to have loved.......................................................................................................
We can only to learn to love by loving........................................................................................................
There's no such thing as puppy love...........................................................................................................
Love is love, no matter what your age .......................................................................................................
And we all suffer from its loss....................................................................................................................
Love is gone and my heart is a bird............................................................................................................
that has lost direction mid-flight................................................................................................................
Oh, what can mend the hole that is my heart
When your heart is broken,.........................................................................................................................
the whole world is cast in ..........................................................................................................................
the crushing gloom of despair.....................................................................................................................
When love leaves you feeling shattered and abandoned, as though the whole world has crashed down around you, it helps to know that others have walked the path you're on and lived to reflect and share their feelings with others. No matter how despondent you may feel, realize you are not alone.
We've all been crushed by love. No one can avoid the pain of a broken heart, unless, of course, they have no feelings. As a sentient being who has been hurt, you must allow yourself the space to feel your pain and let it out. Your tears will initiate the process of healing and whether you believe it right now or not,one day, you will fall in love again.

Life shrinks or expands according to ........................................................................................................
one's courage................................................................................................................................................
When one door closes, another opens .......................................................................................................
but we often look so long and regretfully ...............................................................................................
upon the closed door that we do not see ...................................................................................................
the one which has opened for us. Life shrinks or expands according to ..............................................
one's courage................................................................................................................................................
There's no such thing as perfection. But, in striving for ......................................................................
perfection, we can achieve excellence ....................................................................................................
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to
be done, it's always your choice ................................................................................................................
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore ...........................................................................,
is not an act but a habit. The most essential factor is persistence – the determination
never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened .....................................................................
by the discouragement that must inevitably come ...................................................................................
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind .....................................................................
People become really quite remarkable when they start .........................................................................
thinking that they can do things. When they believe in ...........................................................................
themselves they have the first secret of success......................................................................................
People who are unable to motivate themselves must be ♥♥♥♥
content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their ........................................................................
other talents. Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities
Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps .
you going. Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising
every time we fall
You have one thing in common with all successful people.
twenty four hours per day. It’s how you use them that
makes all the difference. Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind
as a steady purpose—a point on which the soul
may fix its intellectual eye.
also to help you to reflect upon what it means to lead a spiritual life. Although some people use the words spirituality and religion interchangeably, they have different meanings. While religion often divides us into separate camps, spirituality unites us.
reflect on them, these words allowing them to reveal their deeper meaning over time.
If you love, be sure to contribute it and share the story of how practicing its wisdom has changed your life.
The spiritual quest begins, for most people, as a search for meaning." "The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." Spirituality is to religion as justice is to law."
"The path of spirituality is a knife-edge between abysses." One of most spiritual things you can do is work on your ability to love the person you have a commitment to:
Religion is a set of social and political institutions and spirituality is a private pursuit which may or may not take place in a church setting." "The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it."
The only book that uses native spirituality for raising children. Shows parents how to raise children to develop their strengths and lead uniquely purposeful and fulfilling lives. Create a lifelong closeness with your children.( Spiritual ).......................
"Ethical existence [is] the highest manifestation of spirituality."
" Patient and regular practice is the whole secret of spiritual realization. Do not be in a hurry in spiritual life. Do your utmost, and leave the rest to God."
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent; but my desire to commune with the spirit of the universe, to be intoxicated with the fumes, call it, of that divine nectar, to bear my head through atmospheres and over heights unknown to my feet, is perennial and constant."
"Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all life."
"The dark night of the soul comes just before revelation."
Do we really know anybody? Who does not wear a face to hide another? On this page, you'll find words of wisdom about spiritual growth and changing the one thing in your life that changes everything—you. This is the key to leading an awakened life.

When you feel like you're going nowhere, when you feel mired in the mundane details, as everyone does from time to time, stop yourself from feeling stuck. Let the wisdom from the quotes below inspire your transformation. Read the words and think of a single action you can take to move toward the life you want. Remember, change begins with a single step. That step can be any action that moves you forward.
When you're stuck in a spiral, to change all aspects of the spin
you only need to change one thing. Personal Growth my friends. I love you. You may know how to say the words, but words are not the same as actions

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:47 am 
new user

The answer to that very question, I have wondered about myself for nearly a year now, since I lost my beloved husband. In 1985, he was involved in a motorcycle accident with a semi, but he never let it slow him down. Even though he lost his right leg above his knee and loss the use of his right arm and spent most of his time in a wheelchair. He had such an outstanding sense of humor and never let the wreck put a dent in his life. He was an excellent husband, and loved his children (from a previoius marriage). His grandchildren are a delight to have around. In the summer of 2008 began the long battle he fought. It was unknown that in 1985, when he received 13 pints of blood, that they at that time did not scan for hep C. By the time doctors discovered it, the hep C had already nearly distroyed his liver. He was in/out of the hospital so many times for blood transfusions that by the time they were finished it was figured he'd had nearly 300 pints of blood. He last admission to the hospital in August of 2010, it was discovered that not only was his liver affected, but it had passed on to his kidneys. Though they had tried dialysis, it didn't help. He had went to Shand's Hospital in FL for a transplant evaluation, but because he was in a wheelchair, they determined he was not be a good candidate. It was so heart breaking when the doctor came in finally and told him there was nothing more they could really do for him, they had to restrict his pain medications as long as he stayed in the hospital, or gave him the option of coming home with hospice. He came home on the afternoon of the 19th of November, and passed away at 2:50 pm on the 21st. I was sitting by his bedside holding his hand and watched as he took his last breathe. There are times I still can't get that image out of my mind. There's times I just can't function to even get dressed and go out anywhere nor even care to be around family. I just haven't been able to function and figure out where I'm supposed to go and how do I go on without him in my life. It's like being stuck in a deep dark fog with no way out. So I know well how you feel, all my best to you if you succeed and figure out how to begin your life over again

Offline Profile