It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Gone but never forgotten
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:40 am 
new user

I lost my husband to a very tragic motorbike accident on the 11th October 2009. Tomorrow will be 2weeks since he has gone and it still doesnt feel real. I go to call him a million times a day, I hear motorbikes come up our road and look up ready with my smile, but its never him.

Tomorrow also marks the 9th anniversary of us being together. We will be married 3yrs this Dec and his birthday is in Dec too.

Ive have started having panic attacks and yes I have been to the doctor but did not like the drugs he gave me so I have stopped taking them...

I just cant believe that this has happened. My brain just does not comprehend that hes never coming home. Im scared all the time now..

I have loads of feelings that go from feeling kinda normal (whatever that means) to being so totally out of control I feel like Im about to go insane.

OMG I miss him soooo much... Sorry to dump all these emotions out there.

Thanks for reading this.

Mrs Mark Sutherland (Fifi)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gone but never forgotten
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 pm 
new user

:cry: I know what you mean. My husband has been gone 1 year on the 3rd of Nov. He died of non small cell lung cancer that had gone to every bone in his body. We found out Sept. 9th 2008 that he had cancer on the 19th of sept. they told us 1 to 2 months. He died on Nov. 3 2008. In the last week I have felt every emotion there is to feel. I miss him more than I could think possible to miss someone. He was my best friend. Please feel free to visit his website George W. Atwood. I have pictures and such on there. They say time heals all wounds. I am still waiting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 am 
new user

Fifi, Death is a painful tragedy and I m sorry for your loss. I understand your feelings and its really hard time for you. I know you never forget your husband because you loved him very much. I lost my uncle 3years ago. He loved me a lot. I miss him terribly.

You can trying to move on because life is very big. You should go to grief counseling group for deal with your grief. Time heals all wounds. I pray to God for give you strength. My condolences for you.
((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:49 pm 
new user

Dear Fifi,

I truly empathize with you --- my husband died as a result of a car accident on February 25, 2008. Even now sometimes I wake up and feel like it was all just a bad dream till I look around and realize that it is only wishful thinking. I went through a period of not sleeping at all and took the pills to sleep but i understand I didn't like them either. I can only say that I have lost other people in my life --- grandmothers, both my parents, my 14 day old daughter but there has never been a loss so profound as the loss of my husband. The healing process takes a long time because ( this is my theory) -- the relationship that you have with your mate is very unique you truly are joined on so many levels. It is almost like you are a bridge missing half of yourself and it takes time to rebuild the other side. i hope and pray I have helped you in some small way by sharing my experience.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:53 am 
user

Fifi, Death is a painful tragedy and I m sorry for your loss. I understand your feelings and its really hard time for you. I know you never forget your husband because you loved him very much. but you have to try to move on life is too big dear friend.

Offline Profile