It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Losing a sibling to suicide....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:15 am 
new user

I lost my brother a little over a month ago. He was 22 and I am 21. He suffered PTSD from Iraq and the death of our father a week after his return. It was 2 years after our fathers death. My brother was not one to lose his dignity. He had a wife (seperated) and a 16 month old son. My brother was loved by many. I just dont know how to cope with the loss nor how to help my family. If anyone has lost a family member to suicide and can maybe help in there own way please let me know. I just dont know what to do anymore! :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Losing a sibling to suicide....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 pm 
new user

I am so sorry you are going thru this but there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. My sister died Nov. 27, 2004,which is my Mom's birthday. In the beginning, what I call the haze, it is just to hard to deal with the fact that she took her own life. Then I had to deal with the views society has put on us when someone dies by suicide. It is a hard road being left to deal with but you and your family can make it thru.When I say thru, I mean the haze. You never get over it.

Here is my sister's site http://d-carles-guillot.last-memories.com/ feel free to check it out. Working on this website is my own form of therapy.

I suggest to you and anyone who has lost a loved one from suicide to get on google and find a local suicide support group. For me to walk in a room just knowing there were others who could relate was a huge comfort. No one knows how you truly feel but others who have lived it.

In the beginning I also read books, there are lots out there about suicide. I think what I needed to know was that the confusion and emotions I was feeling was normal. And I found out from reading and the support group, for once I was normal :)

And a bit of preaching, don't let anyone make you feel like your loved one is condemned to hell cause although some religion states that, the bible states differently.

I could keep on but will end this with a blessing of peace sent to you and your family.
Contact me if you need to,
Tina

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am 
new user

Dear elarson6788,
I sent PMed you.
Take Care.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 am 
user

Dear elarson, I can only pray to the Almighty for keeping your brother's soul in peace. I also pray for your and family's good health.

Offline Profile