It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I know what you went through
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:42 pm 
new user

I know what you had to deal with, that was almost exactly what took my Mom's life last July. She was basically healthy,vibrant,working , and one day she had an asthma attack, that could not be helped by meds. I had to be the one to agre to remove her from life support, I'm the oldest and also 36. The hospital told me they didnt expect an autopsy,but the coroner called and asked if I'd agree to one, since she had been so healthy and just to die suddenly, was very odd. Their findings came back and it was ruled an asthma attack. About two months after she passed away, they began talking about COPD on the tv and in health topics. I had never heard of COPD, and was shocked that my Mom's regular Dr. had not linked this problem to my Mom, she also had chronic bronchitis! It makes me sick to my stomach whenever I see those commercials now, about "talk to your Dr. about COPD"!!! If only her Dr. had been more attuned to this new finding, my Mom would still be here today!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 pm 
new user

I lost my mom at age 49 to LEUKEMIA, she never knew she had it, she had signs of fatigue and migraines (which everyone has) and then she passed out at home and was rushed to the hospital where she died 3 years later. We are 7 children 5 girls and 2 boys without our mom. :( No one knows how hard its been the past 10 years since she died, it doesnt get easier with time, you only try to make it as time goes by, our hearts are still heavy and we miss her especially around the holdiays. when we go to the cemetary we cry and sob as if it was just yesterday. We so long to hear her voice again, her hgs her smile. She was such a saint, she lvoed evryone and everyone loved her. She loved children everyone called her their second mom...she never got tired and loved having family around...she was too good for Earth and God took her home....we miss her more than words can ever say, more than we can express the heaviness of our hearts and more than the tears that flow on our pillows at ngiht....

I am hear for you if you want to talk...I know this is new to you since you just lost her...alone we are lonely together we can give each other support and comfort to carry on and know they are in a much better place...! - God bless you!

P.S. I am so sorry that she abandoned you but I knwo there is n love like a mothers love for her child, sometimes they feel you would be better off without her...you should forgive her becuase it must have been the hardest decision she ever made and cried a long time about it. For those of you who have their mom. please dont let little thngs get in your way, no one loves you more than the person who bore and raised you! She nurtured you and took care of you and a mothers job is never over not even when your old enough and on your own, her worries are for a lifetime for her children....I thank God that we all got along with my mother and we always loved and respected her...we used to say "MOM knows best"! and how true that is....nothing has been the same since she left we were all a big happy family and everyone took her passing hard..especially our younger brother he has never been the same....we wonder if he ever will. The rest of us moved on we have no choice, but it doesnt mean our hearts dont ache....

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I lost my Mother
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 am 
new user

Missy, Its really difficult time for you and I feel so sorry for your mom. I know in this critical situation, difficult o deal with this grief. Mother's love is important for child and we need our mother in our whole life. Death is a painful tragedy. My friend lost her mother last year and she cried all time. She difficult to deal with this grief. I pray to God for relief your pain. My condolences for you.(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Offline Profile