It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Missing my grandma
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 am 
new user

My grandma passed away on the 25th of April. I'm still having a hard time dealing with her passing. Today would have been her birthday. I feel so lost and I find myself crying quite a bit still. Has anyone else been had these feelings? I could use a friend and a friendly ear right now.. :cry:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Missing my grandma
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:02 pm 
new user

Yes, I've had those same feelings. It's been 3 years since my mother passed and, while they aren't as frequent, there are still moments when I find myself crying unexpectedly from grief. Sometimes I wonder why my brothers or my mother's sisters don't seem to be experiencing the same thing, but they don't even seem to want to talk about it. Maybe it's because I'm the one who cared for my mother and she died in my home -- plus she was only 62 so that may have played a part too. My grandmother died at the age of 52 and I still miss her sometimes, especially as I learn more about her childhood and as I'm looking at old pictures of her growing up. You will miss your grandmother as each phase of life comes and as milestones approach. You will always wish she was there and you will wonder how you would be experiencing those moments if she were still with you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am 
new user

Hi ..... she was only 62 so that may have played a part too. My grandmother died at the age of 52 and I still miss her sometimes, especially as I learn more about her childhood and as I'm looking at old pictures of her growing up.....very lovely and so sweet

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 am 
new user

Kayla wrote:
My grandma passed away on the 25th of April. I'm still having a hard time dealing with her passing. Today would have been her birthday. I feel so lost and I find myself crying quite a bit still. Has anyone else been had these feelings? I could use a friend and a friendly ear right now.. :cry:

When my grandmother pass away 3 years ago, I was in her side and I witness how she passed away. I think that was the hardest cry I ever did and it took me time before I got over with it. I'm very close to my grandmother as she stayed with us and she was like a best friend to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 am 
user

My grandmother died last year on 17 December, she had become very weak. She was very kind to us, it seems to us as she still living with us even after her death.

Offline Profile