It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I need 2vent- in a car accident 2day&have head injury&am
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:34 pm 
new user

Hope everyone is having a better day than i've had so far - before i forget (cuz i am afraid i might and i do want know ur thoughts on this - - as you know my brother's 1 yr anniversary of his passing is right around the corner - Nov 10..what I want to know is - those of you who have already experienced the 1st year anniversary of your loved one's passing - do you recall how you felt the days (1-2 wks) leading up to the actual day??

I did lose my Dad as most of you know but, I was 14 - and we knew he wasn't going to live very long but still we weren't prepared for him passing when he did don't get me wrong - but Frankie is different - it was so unexpected, we were so close - and this is my first time going thru anything like this -

before i tell you about my accident, because I do have a Moderate Concussionst here and my thoughts are a little out of order Ive noticed but while I am thinking about this and/or in case i forget....I want to tell you that the past 24 hrs have been very hard. More so then recent weeks, I know its because of his 1 yr coming...I didnt sleep at all last night, I couldn't stop thinking of my brother - my Mother felt the same, she was up most of the night too, even though she has meds for her anxiety - but she was hyseterical totally upset crying non-stop, i felt so bad for her.....alot of his friends, mine and my Mother's plan to stop by on Nov 10 in the evening we're gonna light candles in front of his bedroom window - he loved candles,....and well, he passed away in his room so we're gonna do a little memorial for him outside and share memories of him with each other -

well now, the accident.......I certainly wasn't expecting this today...my Mom wanted milk for coffee and a few other things from the store eariler today...but she wasn't in no condition to drive, she took her medication early this morning and had been really upset all morning long, and I didn't want her driving even though the store is like 5 mins away... but I swear to you, its like Frankie didn't want me to go - or actually through little hints/obstacles to keep me from going out - I was listening to one of his tapes it is basically Frankie Unplugged - just him and his guitar and he's singing and I was up for listening to it - when I went to go out the front door, I wanted to bring that tape with me so I went back to get it, then while getting it the phone rang it was my Mom's friend, Mom was in the bathroom and had been waiting for her to call her back cuz Mom had been trying to reach her this morning because she needed to talk - so I talked to her for a bit until my Mom came to the phone...I then realize when I was outside that I didn't have my keys but I just had them while on the phone with Tina (Mom's friend) -I went back in and found them..... as I was sitting in my car and had it running I then realized I didn't have my money with me -( I changed wallots last night) i went back in and got my money - then I finally left for the errand that should have taken me 10 -15 mins to complete and come back home - I even left the oven on, - I made a cake and it was baking in the oven while I was getting ready to leave but figured I'll be right back even left my pc on -
well - recently I posted on here about going into a store and then suddenly you feel u have to leave immediately, and also .......sometimes while out on a drive, feeling just fine and ok - but out of nowhere you feel you MUST pull off the road into a parking lot somewhere because suddenly you just can't drive anymore - well when I left the store and got into my car.......I sat the parking lot just sitting in my car for over 45 mins - I was like paralysed in deep thought. I've been doing ok lately, - considering but I am fully aware and also realized that as it nears Frank's 1 yr - at any given moment now I may get bombarded in deep emotions, thought, sadness, depression - disfunctional even like i was in the parking lot.. I didn't panic, because I keep reminding myself that this could happen time to time and when or if it does, - it's ok - its part of the grieving process... i got thru the parking lot episode I didn't make it thru the intersection....

I pulled out, and I had the green light -in fact as i was pulling out it just went from red to green and i know this light I must travel this road/intersection 10x a day -the light takes a little while to change so i proceeded thru and out of the corner of myeye i noticed this little green honda flying towards me - he had the red light because the cars across from him clearly were stopped waiting as he should have been --- i couldn't avoid him and he coudn't avoid me and we hit - he hit me in my driver's side door (what is it with me and driver side doors?) - anyway, i clearly heard the noise screeching of metal, i seen my hood buckle also and i felt the impact -- thankfully two people who were stopped at the light as this guy should also have been, witnessed it all and stayed until the cops came to give their statement - thank God for them...some people don't want to say that they seen an accident when it happens - instead they drive off -

I was ok at first my car .........i believe its totalled - its a 1997 Mustang Gt and it's pretty wrecked.....antifreeze was leaking out of it, oil,....the one thing that still was working of all things was my stereo - cuz while standing in the street with the cops and all, i could hear my brother's song- the cop was amazed that it still was able to work (the stereo) cuz thru the buckled hood part - the battery was visible and the positive cable was barely grazing the connector - by a thread it was touching it - I do believe my brother was with me today - I really do...

this could have been so much worse -

i was ok - but the longer i stood still i then began to feel a tremendous amount of backpain i could barely walk - 2 ambulances came the man that hit me was bleeding from his chin/mouth area - he was talking and didnt say he had pain anywhere else -

this one EMT - she noticed my forehead i didnt even know i hit my head!! and i confess, and i told the cops this also - i wasnt wearing my seatbelt. the airbag didnt deploy cuz i was hit ont he side - i felt the hit, my arm was resting on the door panel, hard to explain but it was against there and when we hit it jolted my body so hard to the right and then back to the left i remember that and i thoughtt my arm was going to be crushed.

well both myself and the man who was involved were transported by ambulance to the hospital - on the way in fact the EMT said i clearly need to have a head scan because I gave the wrong year of birth i said 1970 and its '71 - i remember answering that - and giving the wrong year but i really didnt think it was wrong at all i thought she hit her head and i was the one ok.......

i told her i need someone to call my Mom - Patty (EMT) let me use her cell phone, she had the number - i didnt even tell her.......just recalled that now, i guess when they ran my license or whatever paperwork i had given them it was on there anyway... of course.......my Mom wouldn't answer the phone! lol - sry it made me laugh writing that, and at this point today, i'll take any laughs I can get - seriously though we called 4 x no answer.. sirens were blasting and iwas laying on this stretcher that felt as thin as cardboard but as hard as concrete - i dont know what was more uncomfortable the trip in the ambulance or enduring the brunt of the accident when it happened ----i was strapped to the stretcher and they had a neck brace on me for precautionary reasons my neck is fine thank God - but this poor woman Patty, kept having to hold her phone to my ear - finally i had her call my Mom's friend and i knew her number thankfully and sure enough they were talking, patty then put the phone to my ear and Tina (Mom's friend) said she'd take my mom to the hospital and of course tell her we were trying to call - mom didnt get the phone cuz she didn't recognize the number and she was having a very bad day- i didnt help matters any either....

Well to sum it up - I have a hair-line skull fracture - before we got to the hospital, I had a lump on my forehead - above my right eye where my hair meets my forehead is where iIhit it - its not even black and blue - its black and purple-ish green -- and the white of my eye is bloody somewhat but its from the vessels in there breaking its ok my eye itself is fine - -it looks worse then it feels - my eyelid is all black and blue and under my eye as well - the had a Neurologist come in who was on call and i had to get a brain scan which revealed the hairline fracture and hearing i had that wrong scared me big time - but Iwas told that there's not a whole lot they can for it, just keep icing it 15mins on and 15 off until 11pm- midnight and watch for dizziness, and i also have to be woken up every 2 hrs for only the 1st 24 hrs so that means until around noonish tomorrow actually -

In fact i had to sign a paper and my Mom did also stating that she would wake me up every 2hrs - i didnt know that was a condition in order to get released if you hit your head?? BUT my Mom has been sobbing all day, and she has every right - dont get me wrong i feel awful for her, my heart hurts so much for her - she never takes her meds during the day and she took a few already - I hope she's able to make sure i dont sleep past 2hrs - well i am sure things will be ok -

Ireally dont recall hitting my head at all the EMT said she believes I could have for just a few secs even- i do not remember getting out of my car - i was sitting in it - then suddenly i was standing in the road next to it -- i feel very dazed........slow sort of.... if i look up, my head pounds - but thats the only time its been hurting - my back checked out ok no breaks - but i have to follow up with an Orthopedic by mid-week - because i have a pre-existing back injury 3 herniated discs which always been borderline for surgery - didnt need surgery but at any given time one can slip out enough to cause me to have to have surgery - so i hope that my back is ok - they said at the hospital in the next couple days the swelling and any inflamation will go down - the Ortho will have me get another MRI or X-rays - actually both I am sure - and he'll get a better reading when the swelling goes down - so keep your fingers crossed!

I can't believe this happend - and of all times,.. I wanted Frank's 1yr to be special and I want to honor him - I hope I am not recovering from a surgery on that date -

Well not gonna think about that unless its a reality - well i'll be checkin in on and off 2nite i want to try to get ahold of one of my friends see if i can get her to call me on andoff tonight cuz my Mother is about to fall asleep on the couch and i don't want to disturb her she needs her rest she was upset all night into today and then i got hurt in the accident i had - she's just mentally drained....

Ijust want to add one thing..........thank u all for your support you've given to me and the prayers.......i do believe that your prayers have been helping me - i know that the circumstances for us being on this site/board are unfortunate - very unfortunate because we all lost someone special - but i just want to say,... the way we refer to our loved ones as "Angels" - all of you are "Angels" also - and even though each of you are dealing with so much in your lives right now........you are the most compassionate, understanding, supportive and also the kindest people i have talked with since i lost my brother -meeting you all is a blessing to me - thank you for being there and listening -

love you all -
Lisa

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:01 pm 
user

Lisa, I am sorry you were hurt. I hope and pray everything turns out OK. Now, about that seat belt. I know I shouldn't lecture, but if my daughter had been wearing a seat belt she just might have lived. So, do us moms here a favor and wear yours from now on. We do not want to lose you too.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:59 pm 
new user

Hi Cece and thanks for your reply and kind words...Yes, I totally was wrong not wearing my seatbelt - no excuses, and no question. I am feeling not so great- a lot of back pain and I am leary of taking the medicine that was prescribed to me because I know it will make me extremely tired - I don't even know why they gave me a script for something that will make me tired and yet I'm to be woken up every 2hrs if and when I fall asleep - go figure...My Mom is already asleep - hospital made her sign release for me which was the only condition for me to come home, and that is to be sure I don't zonk out too long.
Gonna try make some coffee and take it wasy tonight...but I will pop in later.
Thank you for your reply Cece -

Lisa

Offline Profile