It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Having Trouble Accepting That He's Gone...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 am 
new user

Hi, My name is Lee. I just had a cousin that died from a car accident. Him, my sister and I were very close when we were growing up. I went to his funeral yesterday, and it just didn't seem real to me. I am having trouble accepting the fact that he isn't here. He wasn't sick, was pretty healthy, so when the call came in a few days ago from my aunt talkin about how he was killed instantly in an accident, it didn't register then, and even now it's still not registering. is this normal?[/i]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:16 pm 
user

First I want to say that I am sorry for the loss of your cousin. What you are feeling is totally normal. I lost my daughter last July in a car crash and still sometimes feel that it is all just a nightmare that I will somehow wake up from and the past 6 months will be a bad dream. Just wanted you to know that you are not crazy and that this is part of grieving. Good luck and God bless all of you.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject: I'm sorry for your loss
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 am 
new user

What you're feeling is normal. Sometimes, it happens that way with sudden death.
I know I felt the same way three years ago when my two year old granddaughter died and I still am in the same state of disbelief even today. Once the shock wears off the disbelief will still be the same but there will come a time when it will turn to acceptance, but before that you may begin to feel some anger and numbness. I wish I could tell you it will get better, but I'm not sure if it ever really does.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Grief
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 am 
new user

Last edited by Mommy2Ethan on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Having Trouble Accepting That He's Gone...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm 
new user

I don't want to say that it will get better but in my experience (and this is the first time I have lost someone, actually, the most important person in my life, but I know that the pain will ease after sometime time. I am still in disbelief right now but I also believe and hope that alot of it will depend on how I choose to think. The only real thing I know for sure is that I absolutely cannot stand this whole dying thing and I wish none of us had to go through losing the people we love and care about. One day I suppose there are people living right now that will have to deal with losing us when we die. There may be someone such as one of our children that won't want to deal with that. It's just a viscious neverending cycle. Am I crazy?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Having Trouble Accepting That He's Gone...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:24 am 
new user

Hi ! Lee I am very sorry for the death of your loving cousin who was quite healthy and died suddenly. I pray for him to rest in peace. God bless you.

Offline Profile