It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: the murder of my child
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:45 pm 
new user

My son was 21 years old. He had a job, he paid his bills, he kept his living space clean, he was kind and generous. He was loved by many, and apparently hated by one. That one evil person shot my child. He is an addict and had been using heavily, his behavior was bizzaar. My son was very concerned and decided to help the man get into a treatment program. He spent time with his killer, repairing the damage the man had inflicted on his apartment walls, talking to him and encourageing him to do right.

In April of 2005 my son drove to the man's apartment, soon after the two went to a tavern. They were there for about one hour. My son had drank half a corona. His killer had downed four or five shots of whiskey in quick succession. Suddenly BLAM! My son hit the floor. The bullet entered on the right and exited on the left severing the femerol artery. My precious child bled to death.

The police came and took the man away in handcuffs. He would only say it was an accident, nothing else. He spent a few days in jail, then was released on $5,000.00 bond. Immediately he began threatening witnesses, ensuring his liberty. No witnesses came forward. Six months later a plea agreement was reached and he pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to 18months to 4 years in prison, with an extra year to be served in county jail for illegal discharge of a firearm. He did 20 months in prison and a few days in county. He's been back on the streets for a couple of months.

My son was/is the best person I've ever known. I put everything into raising him right. I miss him so much that I have a huge problem continueing to live. The only thing I want is to be with my child. I can't wait to die.

The justice system in the U.S. sucks. It's perfectly fine to be intoxicated on illegal drugs and alcohol and commit murder. In fact it's an excuse, or what the legal beagales call a mitigating factor.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:32 pm 
user

I am so sorry for your loss. And yes, it seems the legal system is all about the rights of criminals not about the rights of their victims. My daughter Laura was killed on July 19th. She was riding in a car being driven by her husband. He was traveling about 85 MPH, ran a stop sign and ran into the side of a loaded dump truck. Laura was ejected and run over by the truck. She was dead at the scene. She had called me crying the night before because he was so angry at her and she thought he was going to leave her. He had decided he didn't want her kids. She wouldn't give them up. The truck driver said it looked like he was "fussing" at her before the impact. I think he was screaming and yelling at her because he wanted his own way. They had only been married a year. He is an ex-con who likes to smoke pot. The tests came back that he wasn't drunk. Still waiting on drug tests I guess. In the mean time he hasn't even gotten so much as a ticket. Her oldest son, 20, is living with me and her two younger boys 13 & 9 are living with her younger sister. Please join us on the loss of child forum here. God bless you.

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 am 
new user

MY SON WAS ALSO MURDERED I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL THE MAN THAT KILLED BOBBY IS OUT WALKING THE STREETS IN PA I HATE THE LAW

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: the murder of my child
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am 
new user

I m so sorry for heard about your loss and I understand your feelings. Loss of young child is very painful for parents. Parents have many hopes from their child. Parents need their child in old age. But its all in God's hand, we are nothing against his power. So you can trying to move on. My prayers and condolences for you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 am 
new user

I completely understand where you are coming from on this. My best friend from high school was murdered on Feb 20th 2009. He was an only son, and if his mother knew how to use a computer...she would probably reply to you personally. A man owed Scott $400 and Scott went to collect that money. The man beat Scott with a cast-iron frying pan...strangled him with a belt, and then placed his car on a set of train tracks in hopes that the train would destroy the evidence. It did not...however, that man walked COMPLETELY free. Not enough "physical" evidence, even though there was DNA evidence. AND...the circumstancial evidence was MONSTROUS. It is amazing how the killers of such beautiful people can just walk free. I feel for you my dear and hope you are finding healing in this somewhere. Remember that he has to live with that forever. He shall not ever have a day of complete serenity. God bless you and take care.
Check out Scott's story...
http://scotta-libby.last-memories.com/index.php

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 am 
new user

mommy wrote:
My son was 21 years old. He had a job, he paid his bills, he kept his living space clean, he was kind and generous. He was loved by many, and apparently hated by one. That one evil person shot my child. He is an addict and had been using heavily, his behavior was bizzaar. My son was very concerned and decided to help the man get into a treatment program. He spent time with his killer, repairing the damage the man had inflicted on his apartment walls, talking to him and encourageing him to do right.

In April of 2005 my son drove to the man's apartment, soon after the two went to a tavern. They were there for about one hour. My son had drank half a corona. His killer had downed four or five shots of whiskey in quick succession. Suddenly BLAM! My son hit the floor. The bullet entered on the right and exited on the left severing the femerol artery. My precious child bled to death.

The police came and took the man away in handcuffs. He would only say it was an accident, nothing else. He spent a few days in jail, then was released on $5,000.00 bond. Immediately he began threatening witnesses, ensuring his liberty. No witnesses came forward. Six months later a plea agreement was reached and he pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to 18months to 4 years in prison, with an extra year to be served in county jail for illegal discharge of a firearm. He did 20 months in prison and a few days in county. He's been back on the streets for a couple of months.

My son was/is the best person I've ever known. I put everything into raising him right. I miss him so much that I have a huge problem continueing to live. The only thing I want is to be with my child. I can't wait to die.

The justice system in the U.S. sucks. It's perfectly fine to be intoxicated on illegal drugs and alcohol and commit murder. In fact it's an excuse, or what the legal beagales call a mitigating factor.

first let me say how sorry i am for your loss. its a terriable when we loose one of our kids to a senseless act. on 4 11 2010 my youngest child was murdered on his 30th birthday? it was a home invasion robbery. he was shot 3 times an all they took was a safe with papers in it an a cell phone. they did arrest the ones that did it thank god but now comes the trials. ive bee through this twice already my only sibling was robbed an murdered in 76 an my 3 month old grandaughter was murdered in 97. the only thing that has helped me from going over the edge is my faith.its very hard sometimes. but i feed my faith daily so all my doubts an fears will starve. i do one day at a time. thats the only way i can

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 pm 
new user

My daughter Laycee was murdered at 13 months old by my boyfriend while i was at work. I have found a lot of loving supprot at the m.o.m.s website. mothers of murdered sons and daughters. I thought id suggest it i case you havent heard of it. lots of understanding there from other moms like us.

Offline Profile