PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:44 pm 
new user

I do see what your saying.

My condolences.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 am 
new user

sorry to know about your mother, But one of my friend is dieing in Cancer Center and I don't see the "The Gift of Cancer". whenever I see his face I feel very sad, and I literally don't know how can I get out of this situation

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:32 am 
new user

My mum died of cancer and thankfully it was quick. I'm not sure it was a gift though. I still miss her sometimes

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gift of Cancer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 am 
new user

My husband died of Lung Cancer after only knowing 7 weeks he had it. We were married 28.5 years. I dont look at it as the Gift Of Cancer I look at it as a horrible nightmare that you never wake up from. I believe God gave us the time to tell each other how much we love each other and get strengh from each other to get thru this nightmare. I know that I will see him again in heaven. My husband is my hero because he was so brave thru it all. He never complained, he only comforted me. I love him with my whole heart and I miss him very much. I pray Alot that God will take me to be with him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:33 pm 
user

Rose,
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father to cancer and my daughter in an accident. The gift of cancer is that you have time. Time to make peace. Time to say all the things you need to say to your loved one. Time to say "I love you". When you lose someone suddenly, you never get the chance to say those things. The pain of loss is equal, but when you lose a loved one who was alive and vital one minute and then they are gone seconds later, it leaves you with all these things that you would have wanted to say to them. The only thing you have left is the hope that they can hear you in heaven. So is a way, you both had the gift of time. Blessings,
Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 pm 
new user

In our lives, we suffer a lot.. We walk through on several trials, that causes us to give up. Sometimes we think life is so unfair because of the hindrance we've been through. We struggle a lot to survive, but when things went wrong and everything is gone, we find someone to blame on and ask "why me?"..But things are just not constant, things may come and go, if not today, tommorrow, or never. But we need to value things that comes along our way, looking back the past may serve as our guidance to a new and better path forward..

“Every problem has a gift inside. We seek problems because we want their gifts.”

http://www.thankgodforebooks.com/mom-died.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:34 pm 
new user

I can see what your saying with t he gift of cancer ...

My dad passed away suddenly on the 19th march 2009, my aunty passed away on the 17th september 2009 from Lung cancer..

I wish i had time to say goodbye to my Dad, no wait actually i don't i wish i could ring him everyday and say goodmorning its great to be alive...

As for my dear sweet Aunty she had a month fromthe time she found out she lung cancer until she passed away fromt he shocking death...Cancer is an aweful disgusting diesease to watch any human die from...

I will never forget that noise, of the " death rattle"...I listened to that noise for 5 hours before she passed over...

Either way death is a horrible experience to go through but as sad as it is everyone of us must endure it in our lives...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:38 am 
new user

Im sorry, but how can anyone say that in a death of a cancer patient that there is any gift involved? The two words gift and cancer can not be used properly in the same phrase to make sense. You have the gift of life and the terrible disease that is cancer that destroys every person it touches, whether it be the patient or their family. It is a terrible disease to watch someone to die from, the sufferin that they endure is more then anyone should ever have to. I am happy that someone was able to find a positive in something so negitive, but I will never be able to see it that way not after watching my mother die from this terrible disease.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 am 
new user

I don't see any gift in cancer either.. I lost my mother from lung cancer 2 days ago and I miss her so much already.. we only knew three months ago that she had cancer but it was already advanced and in her bone and lung and lymph nodes.. when i got to the hospital she was making this noise and she was out of it, i hope she heard me tell her how much i love her and that it was ok to let go.. i miss her so bad.

Offline Profile